• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Any other procrastinators out there? My list of folks for whom I buy Christmas gifts is pretty short so I have no excuse. But every year seems there is one person I have the hardest time finding a gift for. This year it's the ex-girlfriend. We are still good friends. She has a daughter whose father is not, thankfully, in the picture and she looks to me as daddy - a good thing. So we are close but not "involved" which means romantic gifts are out. Her birthday is in late November and I got her a new phone, so I've already been pretty generous. She doesn't have any hobbies that would command gifts. I jokingly told her she was this close to getting a Starbucks gift card and a scented candle :lmfao:.

I am gonna brave the mall one last time Saturday, wish me luck.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    It is funny actually. I find if I casually saunter and smile at those passing, folks are friendly. But let my resting Slavic face show through and walk with purpose, folks move away.

I smile at the attractive women .... but otherwise put on my stern British face ! ;)

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Merry Christmas snorko (let talk trades this year)

If a nice bottle of bone’s farm wine and a 6 pack of g-strings are not on the top of the list then you need to step back on the gifts anyways.

If I was in your shoes (most likely I would still be picking up above) I would focus on the day and the daughter. Say something to eat on christmas which is prepared and ready to roll making her time available. The ladies always stress out and their time management skills are normally off.

a thoughtful (very thoughtful) gift for the young one. Never seen a single mom (outside of those with addictions ) who think of themselves over the kid. So something to save her time and a gift the kid and you enjoy doing together or something she might have said she liked to you and maybe not to many other people.

The only thing I have still to get are Mexican Cokes. Sounds weird but the true cane sugar in glass is what we had in the 1970-80’s and those recycle bottles always make the best mixers for jack and cokes. So off to the Mexican grocery this weekend. My kids have both said there is a difference and the Mexican cokes have more flavo. They expect them on christmas

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    This year it's the ex-girlfriend. We are still good friends. She has a daughter whose father is not, thankfully, in the picture and she looks to me as daddy - a good thing. So we are close but not "involved" which means romantic gifts are out. Her birthday is in late November and I got her a new phone, so I've already been pretty generous.
    Do I need to say it?
    Obviously your ex and her daughter would be best served in the form of sovereign British silver coins. :@ya:

Top Bottom