• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    My apologies if this is already a thread I cannot search.
    With the lack of ammo has anyone thought about one of these laser training systems?? I’d like to find one where you don’t have to rack the slide every time. I know conceptually this would be difficult to find because if the firing pin striking the actuator. Has anyone tried any of these or have any input?

dekindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2020
    Noblesville
    With the lack of ammo has anyone thought about one of these laser training systems?? I’d like to find one where you don’t have to rack the slide every time. I know conceptually this would be difficult to find because if the firing pin striking the actuator. Has anyone tried any of these or have any input?
    I have a Coolfire Trainer.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    assuming you're talking about options to be used on a striker fired pistol, you might be better off with a system that has a dedicated 'dummy gun' with the kit...i've seen a few out there offered with glock 19 style (if you swing that way).

personally, I use my 'G-Sight' laser system with my DA CZ P01 (big ups to the WiZard of INGO for making the trigger like clicking my heels together three times). All in on amazon for $30...download the free app, install the laser doo-hickey, set up a target with your phone and you're off to the races (with DA pistols anyway). Slide racking required for striker fired and SAO, obvi.

dekindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2020
    Noblesville
    Okay, so you have peaked my interest... let’s talk.!!
    Visited booth at NRA Convention and purchased for my Beretta 92, check website for current models offered.

CO2 driven replacement barrel that simulates recoil. Insert included for magazine so that gun does not lock open.

Lots of videos available on youtube for the product.

Inexpensive source for co2 at Dick's Sporting Goods. Concern was that Dick's Hamilton Town Center did not have any during pandemic and Dick's was going to discontinue. Called around and found Avon store had some. Last t ime I talked to HTC store they would continue to offer.

Could not find any other co2 sources locally for my application and online ordering is expensive. Considered purchasing large tank and equipment to refill my small tank and did cost comparison. Hope is that Dick's continue to offer co2 as it is very cheap. You will see.

If you want to talk direct let me know.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ChazL

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Tell City
    In my experience, it’s not so much the laser trainer, but the gun itself that needs the reset in order to send the firing pin forward to activate the laser. In my case, I have the Taurus G2C which has double strike capability. So I don’t have to reset anything.

Davis0023

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    NorthCentral Indiana
    Been researching the SIRT and couple others, so farm the sirt seems the most economical and versatile.
    The trigger resets, the slide is fixed, but the weighted mags drop free for reloads.
    NRA instructors get a price break, and waiting on a call back for LE price quote.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Laser Lyte (generic Glockish style, but very cheap to buy)

SIRT (G17 / G22, M&P, "pocket carry" models - expensive, but quality)

Cool Fire (limited models - expensive, but quality)

These are the "no racking required" systems for laser training I've had experience using. I've stuck with the SIRT and have no regrets. Works well with my Laser Ammo software.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Frenchie, no disrespect meant on laser trainers, if I could afford one I would have one. But, I was looking for a training aid about a year ago (M&P 2.0 9C) when 9mm disappeared... I went a different direction after looking at a lot of laser options and am extremely happy... which is saying a lot! Lol!

Top Bottom