• ...and so much more!
  • Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I thought some might be interested on here.

I am not affiliated in any way to this and wanted to pass on. Lots o' stuff.

Regards and Happy New Year,

Doug

A-Aron88

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    They do a lot of large auctions there. My experience with them is that things go on the high side, but it's worth a look for sure!

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Portage
    Buyer's premium does not bother me. I just bid accordingly let's say the gun I like is worth $400 I would bid $280. That leaves $120 for the BS fees. If I don't get it for that I did not need it and someone else is willing to overpay for it.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    "Packing and Shipping

We ship all winning items for buyers at the buyer's expense. We charge $25 per hour for labor to pack items, cost of packing material, and actual shipping cost. We ship at the lost cost to buyers that we possibly can. We have a corporate discount rate and share all of it with you the buyer.

Due to the size of the auction, it can take up to one month to have all items shipped. Please be patient as we will have over 2000 packages to ship, and it does take time to get them all out."

D K

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    Any Ingo buyers in that auction?

I monitored the feed and made some bids, but as weekend auctions typically go, high bids ran rampant, many above FMV on readily available pieces, and buyers didn’t seem to factor in the premium. (I’d have to factor in premium, shipping handling and transfer costs).

looked like the ideal resource to buy what is otherwise unobtainable, there sure was a lot to pick from.

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    I picked up a S&W Model 24 from the auction. Factoring in the buyer's premium, transfer fee and traveling to Valpo to pick up the gun, I still brought it home for a few hundred bucks less than what the going rate seems to be.

I was watching several items in the catalog as well as following a few hours of the sale during the day Sunday. Prices seemed to range from reasonable to completely insane with a few real undervalued treasures scattered about.

I will say that this was the first time I dealt with this auction house and that I was very impressed with how smoothly they operate. Picking up my gun was quick and easy especially since they do the NICS check in house.

D K

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    I picked up a S&W Model 24 from the auction. Factoring in the buyer's premium, transfer fee and traveling to Valpo to pick up the gun, I still brought it home for a few hundred bucks less than what the going rate seems to be.

I was watching several items in the catalog as well as following a few hours of the sale during the day Sunday. Prices seemed to range from reasonable to completely insane with a few real undervalued treasures scattered about.

I will say that this was the first time I dealt with this auction house and that I was very impressed with how smoothly they operate. Picking up my gun was quick and easy especially since they do the NICS check in house.
    Glad to hear.
    If I knew more about (and was interested in) another Model 12, I think I could’ve come out ahead there, but it sure seemed like they really wanted to wrap up the auction near the end; the in-house crowd was 20% of the starting crowd, so the competition wasn’t as great.

i never did see anything showing a start time, so I had to keep checking Sunday morning to see if it had kicked off yet.

Top Bottom