• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Top, Dead Center
    Iv'e got 3 or 4 hours to kill tomorrow in Lafayette. Can anybody recomend the best 2 or 3? Hate to waste time on the crappy ones when I'm sure there are some good ones. Unfortunately I'll just be looking, not buying.

Thanks for the help.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Applied Ballistics

3217 Olympia Drive
    Lafayette, IN 47909
    (765) 838-0700

South Concord Road just north of 350S (Veterans Memorial Parkway)

This is about the only gun store worth visiting now. There was Ace & Rico, but they are closed at the moment while the store moves and the owners separate.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Got to agree, Applied Ballistics is the best place to go in town at the moment. Bring your gun and check out his range. That would be a good way to kill and hour or so.

The last time I stopped by Tippecanoe Sport Shop I felt like I was bothering their social hour, (not a real friendly bunch when I was there) so I haven't been back.

lmaroska

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2008
    Purdue
    Stop by Applied Ballistics. Stan is a great guy. However he doesn't have much in inventory (although it's not bad) so you'll probly just need to strike up a good ole conversation if you want to kill some time.

gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    Ace & Rico's on Earl Ave N. of SR 26 has always treated me well also theres a newer shop that moved from Delphi on Earl, between Ace & Rico's and SR 26. I believe it's called Diamond V Sports but not sure, their price ranged from reasonable to high and their selection was ok but not great.

9mm Bill

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Lafayette
    I've dealt with both Applied Ballistics and Tippe Sport Shot and they have always treated me well. I know if I have a problem, I can always go back to them. However, their inventory is limited. Lafayette needs and can support a gun shop like Bradis. More choices and better prices. Maybe a Bradis III?????????????

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Applied Ballistics gets my vote too. Of course I'm in there almost every day they are open, so I could be considered prejudiced!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Lafayette needs and can support a gun shop like Bradis. More choices and better prices. Maybe a Bradis III

Undercapitalization is common in any industry where hobbyists open stores. Think of it this way, the more inventory one carries, the less money there is to pay the phone bill.

Lafayette used to have some great shops but gone are the days of large inventories. While my thinking is that supply creates its own demand, the day of "we can order it fer ya" is upon us for a very long time, especially as the economy contracts.

Top Bottom