Howard County
    Lafayette Gun and Knife Show
    August 10th 9 A.M.-5 P.M.
    August 11th 9 A.M.-3 P.M.
    Tippecanoe County Fairgrounds
    1401 Teal Rd.
    Free parking.
    $5.00 admission.
    Children under 12 admitted free with paid adult.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Yeah, I walked out empty handed last show. I wanted to buy some reloading components, but the one I bought some stuff from before had jacked her prices way up.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Even when I do not find anything I want at the show, I end up meeting several people I hardly ever see. Sort of a shootings sports reunion. Plus you never know what you might find. I no longer travel to shows in other cities or the 1500, but I'll pay $5 to see some old friends at a local show.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Even when I do not find anything I want at the show, I end up meeting several people I hardly ever see. Sort of a shootings sports reunion. Plus you never know what you might find. I no longer travel to shows in other cities or the 1500, but I'll pay $5 to see some old friends at a local show.

What time do you plan on going? I am thinking of trying to get out in the morning. I don't think the kids will be doing much so I may be able to sneak out around 10 and take a walk thru.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Walked through mostly to have something to do away from the house for an hour or so. Reloading components still too high as was ammo. Saw P-Mags for $13 though which is not bad in today's world.

You can buy a Remington 870 for around $300. Not sure if that is good or not.

Talked to a vendor who was selling a scratched up, used WOA SS barrel that cost $265 new for $250 and he told me that it cost $500 new. I corrected him gently and moved on.

Talked to a couple vendors who said the traffic through the show was decent, but not many buyers.

Top Bottom