Lady rescued from Kroger robbery now suing Kroger and rescuer.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

MrsTuesday

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    And there is the problem with society. Let's not hold a convicted criminal, wanted for arrest on another crime, responsible. No. Lets blame the one who acted legally and helped you for your emotional trauma. Nice. Really nice.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Times are tough and "take advantage" where possible to get ahead at any cost.
    I'm sure she could possiibly have some issues and the Store and ex employee are probably the only available "cash cow" to milk.
    Legal maneuvers of course

Turf Doctor

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I heard about this a couple weeks back on the local news.

What is wrong with this person? :dunno:

Somebody did the right thing in shooting the bad guy. Now they will have to defend themselves in court.
    I just don't believe some of the things I hear anymore.

quake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Nothing surprises me anymore. Yet, everytime I hear something like this I feel like I'm going to get sick. Our society is in the toilet.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Stupid! Really stupid. Just when you think you have heard it all someone else comes along and amazes you even more. I dont know how some of these people even sleep at night.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    The Assistant Mangaer that downed the BG should counter sue the degenerate's Mom and the abductee for the trauma they placed him in for having to serve up a little justice. What's good for the goose and all that.....

Last edited:

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I was under the assumption that Indianas Castle Doctrine protected those who acted within their legal rights to protect themselves and others in a criminal situation. I guess if ever in that situation myself, I will just let the criminal send others to meet long lost ancestors instead of keeping them here to care for their families...

B6240

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    South Central IN
    I would hope the justice system would throw this suit out, but it would not suprise me if they dont. This makes people think twice before helping a person out.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I was under the assumption that Indianas Castle Doctrine protected those who acted within their legal rights to protect themselves and others in a criminal situation. I guess if ever in that situation myself, I will just let the criminal send others to meet long lost ancestors instead of keeping them here to care for their families...

Protection from criminal charges. ANYONE can sue. Sadly. There are 100% legit reasons for civil suits but these give the process a black eye.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    No good deed goes unpunished.

One of the reasons why I hope to never have to drawn my weapon on anyone.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    In the story I read, the paper reports that the woman held hostage was an employee for a company that supplied unarmed security guards to Kroger's locations. If she was traumatized by being saved, she obviously wasn't emotionally able to do much guarding. Maybe she was going to help the perp carry the cash outside and help him load it into a get away vehicle. Probably blow him a kiss as he sped away from the crime scene.......

Top Bottom