• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glock34

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Fishers
    everything I have found about this gun shop show it is open until 6:00 even what looks like their website. KS+E Sports
    So when I get there at 5:05 today and they are walking away from a closed store I asked if they were closing early because I thought they were open until 6. The answer was we have not stayed open past 5 for a long time. 20 min there and 45 back because of traffic. :noway:

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    I would say give them another chance, because the do have very good pricing, but yeah I agree I would be pissed to.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    That's a problem with small mom and pop places that get someone to put up a website for them. They never get updated.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I AM SORRY TO SAY THEY PROBABLY WON'T BE IN BUSNISS MUCH LONGER. I WENT IN A FEW WEEKS AGO AND WANTED SOME 38 SPECIAL AMMO, WAS TOLD IT WAS FOR THE PEOPLE WHO BUY 38 GUNS. WHEN I ASKED HOW MANY PEOPLE REALLY BOUGHT 38"S NOWDAYS WAS TOLD "YOU WOULD BE SUPRISED" JUST LIKE POP'S, SELL TO THE ONES WHO BUY. WON'T BE BACK AND SORRY TO SEE A SHOP GO DOWN THE DRAIN.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    one time i went in looking for .45JHPs. they had about 30 boxes sitting in plain view. they refused to sell me any unless i bought a gun. first and only trip to that store.

see ya later, Beechgrove, PSS and Bradis actually want new customers.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    I'm sorry to see the negative reviews on KS&E. I've bought multiple cases of ammo from them at good pricing (and a S&W .38!). Ed always tries hard to get me the best price he can. His typical mantra is to claim that he won't be making any profit from the deal, but I always suspect he makes a bit! :D

Darryl is quite knowledgable about firearms overall. I'll admit that the pair can be a bit quirky, but I encourage you to give them another chance.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I wonder how many thousands of dollars they refused in sales of ammo.

I can understand wanting to keep inventory down, but sometimes when I go into a sporting goods store I don't want to spend $500 that day. I will however spend $50 on things like ammo if its not overpriced.

Errkola

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Indiana
    Darryl is very knowledgeable and Ed is always trying to ram something down your throat or won't deal with you at all. I have had similar experiences as those who have posted above. If you go there just expect them to be quirky. If they get to know you they become much easier to deal with.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    yeah Ed and Daryl can be a pair at times... but as stated previously, I'd give them another chance.

One or both of them may have been low or completely out of smokes at the time. :D

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    so the consensus is, despite having bad experiences and the employees having PMS some or all of the time, that i should go back?

no thanks. if you bite into a turd, do you keep eating? a place like Beechgrove Firearms wants my business; the help is friendly from the second i step foot in the door.

ymmv

Interloper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Same experience here...left work early, fought the traffic and construction on Pendleton Pike only to find them locking up the store at 5:20. When I asked about the hours, they told me they were going home.

That's really all I needed to know about the store. With alternatives like Beech Grove, I won't be going back. :noway:

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Well I guess after bad mouthing KS&E here on this thread I'm going to hafta eat some crow. A few weeks back I did a trade on a 380 but had no ammo.I was in a hurry to go out of town and headed to Walmart on the off chance they my have some. As I passed by KS&E I figured what the hell. Turns out they had bunches of 380 in stock, Magtech target and Hornaday xtp. I figured I would get the line about only selling ammo with a gun buy but no, Ed told me since I was a regular customer and he felt bad about the 38 ammo he didn't sell me last time I was in he would make it up to me.So, I've been able to get my 380 ammo even if it is a 2 box limit. That is till it runs low and then it's back to the deal of only with gun purchase. I guess it comes down to; if you do business with the same shop over and over they tend to remember you and turnout to be as fair as they can.

redfireman1969

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    indpls
    well ive had many good experences with them once you get to no them they do lighten up and i was in there when a guy tried to buy ed out of ammo he told the guy no way what good is it to sell guns if you cant sell them ammo thats my 2 cents sometimes different is good and its hard to beat there prices

snake-doctor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Cumberland
    Well I stopped by there Thursday and picked up a Sig Sauer West German P6. I have never had any issues with Ed and Darryl whatsoever, and their handgun prices are usually very good. I'm somewhat of a regular in there though, so maybe that's why I never had any issues with them. I'm much closer to them than the other shops, so I'll continue to stop in there now and then.

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    KS&E has been a good place for wife and I-sure a little different-but worth visiting-friendly enough if you don't act like you're in a hurry. Surviving the cig. smoke is the worst part. Good prices on ammo and great price on my Kel-tec.
    Maybe a quick phone call would be worth investing in before going-this is not the only small private business I've encountered that can be a little quirky on hours. I like Bradis and PSS too-but hey-small businessmen all have personality that's hard to find at bigger retailers.

Eiffelman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Darryl is very knowledgeable and Ed is always trying to ram something down your throat or won't deal with you at all. I have had similar experiences as those who have posted above. If you go there just expect them to be quirky. If they get to know you they become much easier to deal with.

I have to agree with you. They don't seem particularly friendly but maybe that's the way they were after I asked if they had a particular Colt .38 special snub nose revolver and they responded "We don't often get one in and when we do, it doesn't last long." I was hoping that they would want to take my name and phone number so they could call me should one pop up. They didn't.

Top Bottom