• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KARP

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2020
    Nwi
    I'm thinking about buying one of these ratchet style belts and was wondering if any of you have one, and how do you like it?

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    I have had one for 9 months. The best belt I ever bought it holds it's shape and supports a holstered pistol like it is supposed to. The ratchets fine adjustments are fantastic no more to tight or to loose it can be set just the way I like.

acd1010

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Coatesville
    I have 3. I wear the leather dress style belts for work and the nylon style when notat work. They work very well. I recommend.

KARP

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2020
    Nwi
    Thank you both for your input. I've been looking for a quality belt for my holsters. Particularly like the quarter inch adjustments as my waistline seems to fluctuate during the holidays. Lol

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    I have 2 leather Kore belts and 1 "tactical" belt. The Nylon "tactical" belts with 8lb load rating are better for all day carry especially if you're carrying a gun bigger than a subcompact. In my experience (about 3 years with these belts) the leather belts sag slightly and dig into your hips if you're carrying -- for long hours -- something heavier than a glock 43 - sized gun.

The black "tactical" belt doesn't actually look all that tacky or "tactical" in person, it's professional and dressy enough to wear to work or most any occasion short of a wedding/funeral, at least for me.

And yeah the small adjustments are VERY nice, especially after a big meal ;)

The double belt hanger Kore sells is nice and I think like $5. But the velcro belt keepers they sell kind of suck tbh, would avoid. I just use elastic belt keepers I already had.

best of luck, a good belt makes a massive difference in comfort and concealability.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I have a tactical nylon KORE belt that I have been wearing for about 3 months or so. Best belt I've ever owned, so far. The ratchet buckle system really is excellent.

dekindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2020
    Noblesville
    Greatest thing since sliced bread. I have a leather one and wear it daily. Wish I had found this out decades ago!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm also looking at the nylon version. I am using Kydex holsters and I have found that they "squeak" when worn on my Bull Belt. And I'm not going to oil my belt, lol.

I virtually wear untucked shirts all the time so the nylon would work. I too am looking for the finer adjustments. It seems like with a holster on, my current belt is either too tight or too loose.

I need that Goldilocks belt.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I don't have any KORE belts, but I have two different NextBelts. Or maybe it's NexBelt.

Anyhow - essentially the same thing. One of them is their "gun belt" nylon and it's a little wider. The other is a brownish leather-look not-quite-a-gun-belt with the upgraded two-keeper-screws buckle.

The brand I have, the gun belt does WAY WAY better with compact and subcompact guns than it goes FS / Duty sized. G17 hanging off there and you know it. The Shield carries on it like a dream.

The other one I bought was more for work casual vs carrying a gun anyhow.

Plusses: ease of adjustment.

Cons: I don't see either of them being nearly as stiff as a good gun belt should be. If you're stepping up from a cheap department store belt unto a belt like this as your first gun belt - you'll be amazed. But if you've already had experience with good gun belts, I'd imagine that these style belts will be kind of "meh".

That said, I generally wear one of my NexBelts ever day. With gun or without. They hold my pants up just fine - and I need all the help I can get in that department with my body shape.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I don't have any KORE belts, but I have two different NextBelts. Or maybe it's NexBelt.

Anyhow - essentially the same thing. One of them is their "gun belt" nylon and it's a little wider. The other is a brownish leather-look not-quite-a-gun-belt with the upgraded two-keeper-screws buckle.

The brand I have, the gun belt does WAY WAY better with compact and subcompact guns than it goes FS / Duty sized. G17 hanging off there and you know it. The Shield carries on it like a dream.

The other one I bought was more for work casual vs carrying a gun anyhow.

Plusses: ease of adjustment.

Cons: I don't see either of them being nearly as stiff as a good gun belt should be. If you're stepping up from a cheap department store belt unto a belt like this as your first gun belt - you'll be amazed. But if you've already had experience with good gun belts, I'd imagine that these style belts will be kind of "meh".

That said, I generally wear one of my NexBelts ever day. With gun or without. They hold my pants up just fine - and I need all the help I can get in that department with my body shape.
    Understanding that you don't have the Kore version, any idea how I would view the Kore Nylon version against my Daltech BullBelt? I have had it for many years now and it works fine but lacks the fine adjustment of the ratcheting style. Plus, my Kydex holster "squeaks" on the leather when I walk.

I have a 5.11 nylon belt and it works good enough for me but the Velcro is wearing out and the buckle is little more tactical than I prefer. Not that it really matters since I wear untucked 99% of the time.

SOUP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Noblesville
    I've worn mine every single day for about half a year now. It has some wear around the edges and some fraying on the end (I have the tactical black nylon style), but it's held up great otherwise and it's imo the best carry belt I've ever owned. I'll be buying more.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Understanding that you don't have the Kore version, any idea how I would view the Kore Nylon version against my Daltech BullBelt? I have had it for many years now and it works fine but lacks the fine adjustment of the ratcheting style. Plus, my Kydex holster "squeaks" on the leather when I walk.

I have a 5.11 nylon belt and it works good enough for me but the Velcro is wearing out and the buckle is little more tactical than I prefer. Not that it really matters since I wear untucked 99% of the time.
    I'd put a few years old BullBelt on equal terms with a brand spanking new Kore or NexBelt.

I have a 10-ish year old Beltman belt and it's still great as an every day belt - but no longer great at being a gun belt as there's now too much sag.

It's just so hard to compare nylon / rigger style belts to leather to ratcheting style, you know?

I, too, hate holster squeak. I think I've basically eliminated squeaks from all my kydex by using pull the dot soft loops.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'd put a few years old BullBelt on equal terms with a brand spanking new Kore or NexBelt.

I have a 10-ish year old Beltman belt and it's still great as an every day belt - but no longer great at being a gun belt as there's now too much sag.

It's just so hard to compare nylon / rigger style belts to leather to ratcheting style, you know?

I, too, hate holster squeak. I think I've basically eliminated squeaks from all my kydex by using pull the dot soft loops.
    Yeah, I knew I posed a question that is hard to answer. I just want to make sure that A. The belt holds my holster/pistol well and B. it has some longevity to warrant buying one and C. it has more adjustments so I can get it just right.

My BullBelt is stiff enough, even as old as it is. The issue is if I wear it loose so I'm comfortable, I get too much movement when I draw. If I cinch it down so it's rock steady, it's hard to breath, lol. And even harder to eat! :) I suppose I could punch a hole between the two that are there now and it would probably be fine. But I would have to look at the soft loops then.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    i have one over a year now. FAR BETTER than the bigfoot leather belt i had bought. The leather one stretched out the hole within 1 month, at the beginning of covid,... when i wasnt even wearing it but a few days a week....

Get a Kore. I went with the 8lb tan, non-leather . Amazing

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    i have one over a year now. FAR BETTER than the bigfoot leather belt i had bought. The leather one stretched out the hole within 1 month, at the beginning of covid,... when i wasnt even wearing it but a few days a week....

Get a Kore. I went with the 8lb tan, non-leather . Amazing
    What is 8lb? All I see is leather and nylon with different buckles;x1,x2,etc

Top Bottom