• ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I'm full of good advice lately.

Today my wife noticed scratches on our hardwood(fake) flooring. Turns out the sliders had worn away and we had bare nails remaining on the chair legs. D'oh.

Home depot had some replacements so I ripped out the nails i could and applied new ones.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I'm full of good advice lately.

Today my wife noticed scratches on our hardwood(fake) flooring. Turns out the sliders had worn away and we had bare nails remaining on the chair legs. D'oh.

Home depot had some replacements so I ripped out the nails i could and applied new ones.

Hurts less (a little) when it's fake flooring. :)

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Which replacements did you go with? I prefer chrome steel glides. They should outlast you and being hard steel, they don't get dirt embedded in them to scratch floors. I work for a chair manufacturer so I deal with lots of different glides
    Just bought the cheap nail-on felt sliders. Was in a hurry to find something. Appreciate the advice should these fail

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I am very disappointed in this thread. I came in expecting some wild tale from hoosierdoc on the failings of a chair (used as a ladder, table, ???) but found practical notice of a possible problem.

And YOU MarkDuCo, as an industry representative, where is the page long diatribe at changing markets, foreign incursions into the manufacturing space, and general rebuff of the lowly consumer's plight?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Which replacements did you go with? I prefer chrome steel glides. They should outlast you and being hard steel, they don't get dirt embedded in them to scratch floors. I work for a chair manufacturer so I deal with lots of different glides
    Best HF by chance?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm actually the Production Manager for Jasper Chair. My dad works at Best HF though, and my aunt's father was the founder of Best HF.
    I used to call on those shops when I was in the fastening industry. I now have two chairs and a sofa from Best in my living room

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Just bought the cheap nail-on felt sliders. Was in a hurry to find something. Appreciate the advice should these fail
    I've found that the felt ones really start dragging after time. I went with the ones that have a teflon ring with the screw in the middle. It goes without saying that you definitely need to drill a pilot hole

1655471360102.png .

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I've found that the felt ones really start dragging after time. I went with the ones that have a teflon ring with the screw in the middle. It goes without saying that you definitely need to drill a pilot hole

View attachment 206392 .
    Those look awesome. Home Depot didn't have that avail though. The boys and I are larger fellows, I'm sure we'll move on to these at some point, thanks.

Top Bottom