• ...and so much more!
  • jimbob488

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    MERRILLVILLE INDIANA
    Hey
    I was looking at the fire 8. On sale for 60. I just want to watch downloaded stuff from prime and Netflix and use the overdrive app to download library I books. Thoughts on the fire8?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have the Fire HD10 2017. Jury's still out on it.

The video is good once you get it going, but a lot of stuff otherwise is slow and clunky. Big difference in price between the 10 and 8. I'd feel better if I hadn't paid nearly three times as much as the HD8.

I keep hoping the XDA geeks will come up with a simple proven working root to native android, so to leave all the Amazon stuff to inside their page in the Chrome Browser.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Unless you are really into the Amazon world, I would avoid the Amazon tablets. I have one of the older Fire tablets and a Samsung tablet of about the same age. The Samsung is much easier to use for everything.

But if you want a tablet and need to stay under $100, Amazon probably has the best ones in that range.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Unless you are really into the Amazon world, I would avoid the Amazon tablets. I have one of the older Fire tablets and a Samsung tablet of about the same age. The Samsung is much easier to use for everything.

But if you want a tablet and need to stay under $100, Amazon probably has the best ones in that range.

THIS. Good tablets, but spend the extra $$ for the ad free experience. For what you described, it will do it well.

This slightly older tablet is what I use. I really like the forward facing speakers. All I use it for is watching streaming video, facebook, and INGO while I'm on the road so I dont have to take a personal laptop.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F57BNG2/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&th=1

But if I had to choose, I wouldnt complain about having to use a kindle fire for the above tasks.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    We have kindle 8's and a lenovo tablet, the big difference is gps and blue tooth. the rest is pretty equal.

If you have your chrome browser set up like you want it then I'm not sure that the silk browser will import your chrome settings. so you may have to spend 30 min resetting up your book marks

I wanted to use my lenovo for a vehicle obd2 reader and gauges but the lenovo is easily 2 times as much.

We are using Fire's for our score keepers for our action matches and they have worked great

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    You can talk your way out of the adds after buying at the better price. Couple of references to this CS call or message on Google/XDA. It worked for me.

Top Bottom