• ...and so much more!
  • fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Anyone have one,shoot one? How are they? Saw one the other day kinda feel like I want one.

Thoughts?

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Haven't shot mine much yet, but it is well-made, completely ambi, and easy to modify. I've shot the RFB more, and it's good also. Small, reliable, relatively light. You want one. A lot cheaper and more ambi that an X95 or and AUG.

fullmetaljesus

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Haven't shot mine much yet, but it is well-made, completely ambi, and easy to modify. I've shot the RFB more, and it's good also. Small, reliable, relatively light. You want one. A lot cheaper and more ambi that an X95 or and AUG.
    Happen to be in the Indy area? If I bring a couple full mags can I buy you lunch and shoot your rifle?

I really liked the one I looked at yesterday I only put it down bc I knew very little about it. After looking online I think I want the green one to break up my monotone black rifle collection.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Almost ANY KT product should come with a Caveat Emptor.

I think their last truly good-on-all-fronts product where there weren't myriad online threads about problems was the OLD P11. And that was probably because not many places like this existed back then.

I personally think that a lot of KT products are certainly innovative and some look decent - but I cannot see myself spending my hard-earned money on any of them. Ever.

fullmetaljesus

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy

I think their last truly good-on-all-fronts product where there weren't myriad online threads about problems was the OLD P11. And that was probably because not many places like this existed back then.

I personally think that a lot of KT products are certainly innovative and some look decent - but I cannot see myself spending my hard-earned money on any of them. Ever.
    I had a keltec pf9 years ago but traded it off bc I didn't like shooting it. It went bang Everytime and was reliable i just discovered I don't like subcompacts.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Happen to be in the Indy area? If I bring a couple full mags can I buy you lunch and shoot your rifle?

I really liked the one I looked at yesterday I only put it down bc I knew very little about it. After looking online I think I want the green one to break up my monotone black rifle collection.
    Up north near Fort Wayne. If you come up near here we could try it.
    I have nothing but good from my various KT arms - P11 (too small for my hand), Sub 2000, RFB, RDB.

dchuck

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2016
    Walkerton
    I really enjoy my RDB. As others stated, ambi controls are great. Just a few quick thoughts:
    -Bullpup balance is fantastic
    -Adjustable gas (if needed) is super easy if you need to change over to put a can on
    -I prefer to use 20-rd mags
    -Mag release is very touchy
    -I put on Magpul AFG and MBUS... no dot or glass

Final thought- It's 2021. Find a price that fits. Some want $850 and some want $1450. It's a mad mad mad world.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers

I can't speak to anything other than the ksg but I've never had an issue. I've heard horror stories but it's hard to tell if it's operator error, a problem with the product, or a combination of both.

fullmetaljesus

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I really enjoy my RDB. As others stated, ambi controls are great. Just a few quick thoughts:
    -Bullpup balance is fantastic
    -Adjustable gas (if needed) is super easy if you need to change over to put a can on
    -I prefer to use 20-rd mags
    -Mag release is very touchy
    -I put on Magpul AFG and MBUS... no dot or glass

Final thought- It's 2021. Find a price that fits. Some want $850 and some want $1450. It's a mad mad mad world.
    The one I was looking at was $1050. I felt like I could prob find a better deal.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I can't speak to anything other than the ksg but I've never had an issue. I've heard horror stories but it's hard to tell if it's operator error, a problem with the product, or a combination of both.
    I suspect a lot of the problems are due to operator error, especially with the rimfire products. I know a lot of the problems with the PMR-30 were due to people not reading the instructions(or using common sense) and loading the magazines incorrectly. To be fair, the mags are a bit of a pain to load though.

That is not to say that real design or manufacturing issues haven't occurred but from what I can tell most of those have happened in the first generation of a new product and any issues are usually sorted out in later generations. Personally, I love my PMR-30 and I won't hesitate to buy a Keltec product that strikes my fancy... I just won't rush out to be one of the first one's to own one.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    The RFB and KS7 I have are decently built but built to be range toys, not overbuilt and designed for use by the lowest common denominator grunt in poor conditions. They aren't made to comply with conventions. Sometimes that's good, sometimes a drawback. Like they're designed by a bunch of really smart engineers that have never taken more than a basic firearms handling class. I do have half an eye out for a RDB myself.

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    I owned a gun shop for 6 years and have worked for various other FFL's. During that time, I've gotten to call and ask Keltec for a return number more times than I care to count. They typically worked the bugs out once it got sent back, but not always and never timely.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Two NRA Indy annual conventions ago I spoke to the sales force with keltec. I said you make interesting firearms just never the ones I am interested in are in stock always sold out. The guy then said “we have double the production space in our facility “

i then said “did you in close the car port next to the garage?”

AS HE walked off I don’t think he was very happy with my response and I think he had an answer to the original question either.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I've got 2 RDBs and I like them quite a bit. The only problem I've had with either was when I tried to "tune" the gas system and did it exactly backwards. I actually sold my X95 because I knew I was going to use these more than it.

Caveat: I haven't had an opportunity to "run & gun" with it but it's been reliable - once I got the gas system thing straightened out - and it's fun to shoot. I bought mine a couple years ago & paid around $800 each for them.

And I'd be open to letting someone shoot mine.

Top Bottom