• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    What's up fellas, it was nice out today so I decided to have a 50 yard shoot off with my pistol caliber carbines. They both fared pretty well at 50 yards, but today the Sub2K got the best of the Hi-Point. To it's defense I did not get a chance to zero the sights in for the HP so next time it will be a totally different story, :)::)::):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmQb-3llG3c

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've owned both the Kel Tec(9mm) and Hi point 995 also. Both were super fun and accurate. I actually liked the stock sight of the Hi Point a little better, and loved the portability and Glock magazine usability of the Kel Tec.

Both are gone now, as I've settled on keeping my Marlin Camp9. I would have felt happy to keep any of the three, but I just like the heft and feel of the Camp 9.

If I do get another one it will be the Kel Tec in .40 S&W next time.

sweddle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Nice work, good video and info. I have an S2k .40 Glock mag and have been very happy with it. Thought about buying a HP just to have one, but haven't done it yet.

pmorriso

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    Great video! I've owned the .40sub2000 and ended up dropping to the 9mm cause it was so much cheaper to shoot. They are very accurate guns for what they are. Saying that the HP's are some well made carbines too, but i'll stick with my carbine that folds in half.

Waveraider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for sharing. I prefer my original 995 Hi-Point over the new style. Very accurate and modified for less tha cost of the sub2000.

381969233.jpg

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for checking it out guys. The grip on both are the Hogue Hand-all series slip on grip covers. They make a huge difference over the hard plastic.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Nice vid! I have the HP 995 and I love mine. I want to get a front stock grip on mine like you have. My buddy, (INGO name chuddly) saw my 995 and went out and bought one, but he put the fore-grip like you have on it. Seemed to be more stable that way. I put a nice red dot sight and laser on mine though.

I have to admit that I have been eyeing that Kel-Tec though. It looks from the video that the Kel-Tec has a bit more recoil than the HP. I imagine that could be attributed to the different butt stock where HP has the "pistons" maybe?

Also, about 50 seconds in when that shot went off nearby--I gotta say that for an instant I was thinking this might have been an ND video. HA!!!

Again, good job!

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Nice video. :yesway:

Love my Sub2K! :rockwoot:

Not trying to be an ass, but my only issue is muzzle control. Weapons should be pointed down range at all times. I do not know where the other shooters were located, but I saw a few times where there could easily be some muzzle sweeps.

I am very happy with how my Sub2K performs at 50 yards. I look forward to the update on the HP after you get the sights dialed in.

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Nice video. :yesway:

Love my Sub2K! :rockwoot:

Not trying to be an ass, but my only issue is muzzle control. Weapons should be pointed down range at all times. I do not know where the other shooters were located, but I saw a few times where there could easily be some muzzle sweeps.

I am very happy with how my Sub2K performs at 50 yards. I look forward to the update on the HP after you get the sights dialed in.

Nice vid! I have the HP 995 and I love mine. I want to get a front stock grip on mine like you have. My buddy, (INGO name chuddly) saw my 995 and went out and bought one, but he put the fore-grip like you have on it. Seemed to be more stable that way. I put a nice red dot sight and laser on mine though.

I have to admit that I have been eyeing that Kel-Tec though. It looks from the video that the Kel-Tec has a bit more recoil than the HP. I imagine that could be attributed to the different butt stock where HP has the "pistons" maybe?

Also, about 50 seconds in when that shot went off nearby--I gotta say that for an instant I was thinking this might have been an ND video. HA!!!

Again, good job!

Thanks fellas, I was actually all alone on the rifle side. The shots you hear in the background are coming from the pistol side. Still no excuse though, the muzzles should have been pointing down range at all times.

@goinggreyfast, you are correct. The Sub2K does have a little more recoil because of it's design. Still not enough to bother your shot, but the trigger pull is a lot different between the two.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have both and they each have their strong points. The KT trigger is long, typical KT. The front sight is weak, though. You really have to get a tight cheek weld to use it. While there are ways to fix that some of them take away the ability to fold it. So, given that is the reason I bought it, I've learned to live with it. Very accurate.

The HP 995ts is just plain fun. And the factory stock, IMO, is much better than the ATI alternative. However, if someone ever designs a folding stock that works you'll have trouble finding one!

Top Bottom