• ...and so much more!
  • jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I still think we need to bring back indigent farms for the homeless, with a co-located mental facility.

Due process, no living on the streets, if you can't provide adequate housing for yourself you can either move on or move to the indigent farm and help work for your sustenance.

The mentally ill can get assistance, those that are quasi-productive can assist on the farm.

Then prisons and jails need to again become something more than three hots a cot and a gym.

I was watching a documentary about Nelson Mandela's first term as president of South Africa. At one point they showed the prison island where he had been sent, along with other criminal prisoners and his class of political prisoner. Quite literally turn big rocks in Little rocks all day long. That is not cruel and unusual! It's simply a method of keeping individuals busy who are incarcerated for their assaults upon society. Cruel and unusual is having to live on the edge working 12 or 14-hour days 6 or 7 days a week trying to keep your kids in food and a roof over their head without any government handouts. Something that all too many Americans do everyday without committing crime and preying upon their fellow citizens.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    What exactly is a gun liason?

It's an officer who's been through a small block of evidence technician training that's specific to recovering guns. How to swab for DNA, catalog it properly, etc. It's not a full time position, just something street officers can be trained and equipped to do as needed. Our shift has a couple.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I still think we need to bring back indigent farms for the homeless, with a co-located mental facility.

Due process, no living on the streets, if you can't provide adequate housing for yourself you can either move on or move to the indigent farm and help work for your sustenance.

The mentally ill can get assistance, those that are quasi-productive can assist on the farm.

Then prisons and jails need to again become something more than three hots a cot and a gym.

I was watching a documentary about Nelson Mandela's first term as president of South Africa. At one point they showed the prison island where he had been sent, along with other criminal prisoners and his class of political prisoner. Quite literally turn big rocks in Little rocks all day long. That is not cruel and unusual! It's simply a method of keeping individuals busy who are incarcerated for their assaults upon society. Cruel and unusual is having to live on the edge working 12 or 14-hour days 6 or 7 days a week trying to keep your kids in food and a roof over their head without any government handouts. Something that all too many Americans do everyday without committing crime and preying upon their fellow citizens.
    I`ll never forget watching a news clip of Nelson Mandela, wide eyes and nearly frothing at the mouth, bashing bushie the second, going on about what an international criminal he was. Make no mistake, I`m not a fan of either of the bushes, but I`m even less a fan of Nelson Mandela.

CallSign Snafu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 3, 2015
    Indy
    I think Indianapolis might be "classier" if Judges were not simply picked by a judicial committee and then put on the ballot later as a retain or do not retain. I think if you're an attorney and you want to throw your hat in the ring you should be able to go downtown do the campaign requirements hustle and either primary current judges or run in opposition. That might make them suddenly feel a little more accountable to the outcomes that their efforts are helping to produce. Granted, that won't fix the problem with the prosecutor seeking harsher sentences (or really lack of that) against people who hurt others and commit property crimes.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Frank and his team didn't have far to travel...
    Weird how things can change in one lifetime. Used to go there all the time as a kid because it was the westside’s “local” mall. Never felt unsafe. Go away to college and come back, it’s the frickin Wild West.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I think Indianapolis might be "classier" if Judges were not simply picked by a judicial committee and then put on the ballot later as a retain or do not retain. I think if you're an attorney and you want to throw your hat in the ring you should be able to go downtown do the campaign requirements hustle and either primary current judges or run in opposition. That might make them suddenly feel a little more accountable to the outcomes that their efforts are helping to produce. Granted, that won't fix the problem with the prosecutor seeking harsher sentences (or really lack of that) against people who hurt others and commit property crimes.
    The system is broken. Doesn’t matter how good of a job the detectives do catching them after the fact and it definitely not up to street cops to prevent since they are so short staffed it’s ridiculous.

I remember listening to scanner traffic last year when I was doing armed security during the riots. multiple car chases going on at the same time, shots fired calls like mad and they didn’t have enough officers to even prioritize to those. I came to the conclusion that inside 465 after dark you are on your own.

not any fault of frank, BBI or any other leo. They don’t have enough officers or resources to respond to crimes in progress let alone prevent crime.

the system is broken

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    The system is broken. Doesn’t matter how good of a job the detectives do catching them after the fact and it definitely not up to street cops to prevent since they are so short staffed it’s ridiculous.

I remember listening to scanner traffic last year when I was doing armed security during the riots. multiple car chases going on at the same time, shots fired calls like mad and they didn’t have enough officers to even prioritize to those. I came to the conclusion that inside 465 after dark you are on your own.

not any fault of frank, BBI or any other leo. They don’t have enough officers or resources to respond to crimes in progress let alone prevent crime.

the system is broken
    I listen to the Indy police scanner quite regularly. It’s amazing how many calls are to the Cloverleaf apartments. My parents lived in the edition attached to those until 15 years ago, and my wife and I lived in the neighborhood until 96. We all dodged almost a literal bullet by moving out just in time.

Top Bottom