• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just perusing the stories on The Gun Wire® Blog ? The Last 24 Hours of Firearm and Gun News Headlines, Updated All Day Long about the Lafayette Loonies in Las Vegas, and this one seems to me to perfectly summarize the Left's idiocy regarding it.

PARKER: Let?s give sanity a shot with gun laws

To summarize, because Joseph Wilcox's SA failed him because he walked right past Amanda Miller, tunnel visioning on Jared Miller, who had just snuck up on two LVPD officers and gunned them down in cold blood, allowing Amanda Miller to sneak up on Wilcox and gun him down from behind in cold blood, this proves the ineffectiveness of an armed, civilian populace.

Really, Kathleen?

Assuming, arguendo, that we admit that such a claim holds the slightest iota of merit in the first place, wouldn't it doubly prove the ineffectiveness of an armed, militarized police force? After all, the Millers killed twice as many police that day than they did armed citizens. Every story that I've read about the Millers' Massacre (does 3 dead even meet Mother Jones's criteria for a mass gun homicide? I thought they ratchetted it up to 4.5 or some such) Indicates that after shooting Wilcox, Amanda's only effective actions were to retreat to the rear of the store where she committed suicide with her own firearm. Jared confronted non-unawares police responding and got himself deleted by them, though a large number of sources, Kathleen included, continue to falsely report that the Millers engaged in a murder-suicide pact, somehow offing each other simultaneously in some accounts.

police-vs-armed-citizens.jpg

Anyone with half a modicum of journalistic integrity can google "armed citizen effectiveness" and find Tough Targets: When Criminals Face Armed Resistance from Citizens | Cato Institute and Do Armed Citizens prevent mass shootings? | The Regular Guy Review which handily points the researcher to this: Do Armed Citizens prevent mass shootings? | The Regular Guy Review and this: Multiple Victim Public Shootings, Bombings, and Right-to-Carry Concealed Handgun Laws: Contrasting Private and Public Law Enforcement by John R. Lott, William M. Landes :: SSRN and, of course, makes its own reference to the Clackamas mall massacre that didn't happen because Nick Melli pulled (but did not discharge) his sidearm when the would-be mass-murderer opened fire in a mall, but upon seeing (not being shot by) Melli and his sidearm, the shooter retreated and committed suicide.

Anyone with access to the comment boards (which generally rely on facebook) for the yellow journalism that passes for the slavery gun control media these days needs to be up on the faces of the authors and editors and interviewed personalities they rely on every time these stories get produced.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Hum... so what actually happened in vegas then?
    I have not read anything other then the initial headline that said 3 dead plus both that started it.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Hum... so what actually happened in vegas then?
    I have not read anything other then the initial headline that said 3 dead plus both that started it.

We may never know--after all, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas! :):

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    " Lets give sanity a shot with gun laws "

If this person is trying to make a statement about guns, she should have chosen another word than "...shot...".

Last edited:

templar223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    And the mainstream media wonders why their readership and viewership has tanked.

Just today I saw on Drudge that 54,000 print media jobs have been axed since 2003.

Hopefully Kathleen will be one of the next 50,000 here real soon.

John

Top Bottom