• ...and so much more!
  • Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    I am headed to Kzoo soon for a visit.

Will be going to the Blue Dolphin restaurant downtown.

Good area or bad?

Thanks

Buckaroo

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't know where exactly Blue Dolphin is, but Kalamazoo has always been kind to me.

Downtown areas all over are always changing, sometimes for the worse. So better to carry than not sometimes.

You'll probably be dressing for dinner so you have good concealable options in this cold weather time of year. Let us know how the food is.

Farmritch

Expert
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OC
    I like Lo Do Company when in K zoo area, it's on Centre street and the place has some interesting history.
    All of the interior is recycled from some of the old Hotels in the down town area
    LO DO is short for lower downtown
    Great Prime rib,

Last edited:

Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    I like LO DO steak company when in K zoo area it's on Centre street and the place has some interesting history.
    All of the interior is recycled from some of the old Hotels in the down town area
    LO DO is short for lower downtown

Not my choice, I am meeting the in-laws for dinner.

INDYTEX

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    INDY
    I lived in Kalamazoo for 17 years and you will be fine in that area! After moving to Indianapolis, I have realized even the areas of KZOO I thought were bad, were not. The only dicey area of KZOO is North of Downtown. Have fun!!

Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    Thanks INDYTEX (and the rest of you folks). I appreciate the insight and will proceed accordingly.

Buckaroo

in_betts

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    North of FW
    Buckaroo sorry I missed this until now. If you haven't already gone, when you are there you MUST try the saganaki (phonetic spelling)! It is the "flaming cheese" appetizer.

Blue Dolphin is (was) really good. My son and his gf worked there in about 99/00 and I ate there several times and all was good. The area at that time was pretty tame.

HTH

Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    Buckaroo sorry I missed this until now. If you haven't already gone, when you are there you MUST try the saganaki (phonetic spelling)! It is the "flaming cheese" appetizer.

Blue Dolphin is (was) really good. My son and his gf worked there in about 99/00 and I ate there several times and all was good. The area at that time was pretty tame.

HTH

We were there Friday night. Great food indeed!

Buckaroo

TFin04

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2009
    Cleveland
    Just remember to stay out of the bar portion of a restaurant, that's a no-no in Michigan.

That is incorrect. There is no mention of different 'areas' of an establishment in MI law. The law covers the entire building, not just a seating or bar area.

The law states that it is a no carry zone if the primary source of income is alcohol served by the glass. 'Primary' has yet to be defined. A lot of people assume it means 51% or more of their income, but I feel that is incorrect. If they make 40% on alcohol, 30% on food, 20% on catering, and 10% on cover charges, their primary source is still alcohol, though it is less than 50% of their total revenue.

Top Bottom