May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    And you passed up a SIG for that??? :ugh:
    In a heartbeat. I'm far from impressed with Sig USA's quality control. Having gotten a bad US made P220, P226 and GSR from them, and having witnessed first hand the horrible quality control of the 556 rifle... I just can't give them serious consideration anymore. Hopefully they turn things around.

Meanwhile, the P380 makes for a very high quality and very well engineered pocket carry pistol. It has the best double action I've felt in a pocket pistol, I prefer a double action over single action in a pocket auto, and mine has been extremely reliable.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    My comparison thread from last year:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/48871-kahr_p380_review.html

My P380 has proven itself to be more reliable and much more accurate than the Colt. Just today, I was scoring hits on pepper poppers at 35 yards with some regularity, at 25 yards consistently, and at 15 yards with 100% consistency.
    Isn't it amazing? Mine has simply blown me away too. I have never felt so strongly about a pocket pistol before. Usually the best I could say is that "I really like my LCP." Now I can honestly say I absolutely love my P380.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    More pics, from this morning's range trip. P380 now has 435 rounds through it with zero malfunctions and no cleaning.

mark_p380_barricade.jpg

jason_p380_steel.jpg

DSCN0614.jpg

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Thread resurrection/update:

Found the P380's failure point today. Put another 115 rounds through the gun (for a total of 550 since it was placed into service two months ago), and had (3) premature lockbacks with Winchester FMJ ammo and (1) failure to feed with Federal Hydra-Shok JHP. Gun had not been cleaned (like, ever), and was filthy.

I'm not surprised or disappointed to see this in a small pistol with tolerances as tight as the P380. It wasn't designed as a "go to war" gun like a Glock; 500 rounds at a stretch is a lot for a pocket pistol of any sort.

I tore the gun down and cleaned it upon arriving home this evening, and it will officially start pocket carry duty tomorrow. :)

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    ...and the P380 DLC is "in the flesh" under the counter at Plainfield Shooting Supplies. It looks even smaller in all-black. He has two in stock as of now (I only fondled and drooled on one of them Saturday ;) ) and it was tagged $579 which seems quite a firm price to me.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Has anyone gotten one of the black DLC P380's yet? I went cheap (ha!) and saved the $30 by buying one of the two-tone ones. I'll probably shoot it tonight, and let you all know how it goes.

mandolin3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for the detailed report. I haven't fired the Kahr, however, I can confirm that you won't comfortably shoot a Ruger LCP "all day long".

iam1096

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Ohio
    I have about 1000 rounds in mine now. I have a PM9 black diamond and this P380 both are great guns. I trust them completely. Cost alot but worth the $$. I carry the p380 as an second gun and almost left it in my pants one time. Not sure how well it would have done in the washing machine. When you carry it you forget its there.

Gray Squirrel

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    I sent my kahr p380 back to the manuf.2 times.They gave it a clean bill of health every time.I had FTE problems W/stove pipes.I wish thay would have given me another gun.Traded for a glock 27.Bad Kahr experience.Still love my P9.

Top Bottom