• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    with the prices of guns and ammo now days, no matter what your life is worth to you, you may not be able to afford it.

And I'm not big on that argument. ;) If you want/need it badly enough, you'll find a way to make it work. Sell an existing gun, scrimp and save, whatever. I work a second job specifically to buy guns, keep them fed, and train with them, because those things are important to me. IMO, it's just a matter of priorities.

Additionally, I think a lot of people complain about Kahr pricing because the guns are physically small, and we often equate value with quantity or size. Interestingly, many of these same folks wouldn't bat an eye about paying the same money for a Glock, 1911 or Smith revolver...

/Threadjack

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    And I'm not big on that argument. ;) If you want/need it badly enough, you'll find a way to make it work. Sell an existing gun, scrimp and save, whatever. I work a second job specifically to buy guns, keep them fed, and train with them, because those things are important to me. IMO, it's just a matter of priorities.

Additionally, I think a lot of people complain about Kahr pricing because the guns are physically small, and we often equate value with quantity or size. Interestingly, many of these same folks wouldn't bat an eye about paying the same money for a Glock, 1911 or Smith revolver...

/Threadjack
    I know I know i've heard this argument. In theory it works. But I'm telling you from experience it just doesn't cut it sometimes. Without revealing to much, because of children, expenses etc I'm down to my department issued duty gun, and a back-up. hmm...whats that leave my wife at home when I'm working. nothing!
    So, back-up stays home for the wife! Ok, what do i have as a back-up. Nothing! Do i think a back-up gun is important. I think it's essential!! Do i have the money for one, NO! Do i work trying to get extra money, yes. But money I get from that goes towards LIFE, and has to go to .45 ammo for the primary because department issues none. So my extra money gets me 100 rounds a month to put through that.
    If you'll notice the classified I'm working on fixing this problem. i'm saying this because I'm telling you in today's world that argument just doesn't work. No matter how important a certain firearm may be some people just can't cut it. Two jobs, etc etc; save if its important...That all sounds good on paper but just doesn't work sometimes. that's why i've been working with knives more, cheaper alternative to a BUG. Just my :twocents:.

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    My bad for the thread jack! :D. it just came up in the discussion so I addressed it. OOPs. I'll shut up now. :):. Back to the review. I think it's a cool pistol, haven't shot it, but fondled one and drooled on it a little the other day. Good review!

inFALable

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Hamilton Co.
    The P380 has a lower bore axis then the LCP and P3AT. That contributes alot to its ease of shooting. Its trigger is 100% better and the grip is a tad longer.

Its really just a miniature full size gun if that makes sense. Its having real sights is a big advantage IMO.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Thanks again for your first hand opinions on the P380.
    I'm wishing/hoping for a "CW380" version at a lower price point (but not holding my breath).

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Me too, brother. I'd buy a couple of 'em!

On a related note, I wonder why this little gun uses the "P" series nomenclature instead of "PM"? :dunno:

Same here. And it could potentialy put a "CW380" at a price point between the Kel-Tecs/Ruger offerings and the SIG P238.

As to the "P" vs "PM" designation, maybe Kahr is telegraphing plans for an even smaller Kahr in 380. Pure speculation on my part, but why go "P" instead of "PM" unless you were planning on a future product to fill the "PM" niche? We'll see!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    why go "P" instead of "PM" unless you were planning on a future product to fill the "PM" niche?

Could be that in their naming convention, a gun cannot be a "PM" (i.e. compact) without having been derived from a "P" (i.e. full size). The current .380 pistol IS the full-size, so it got a "P" designation even though it is closer to the PM series in design.

I can't imagine a pistol being much smaller than the P380 and still being usable.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Shooter,

Along these lines, have you had a chance to shoot one of the Magnum Rsch Micro Eagle's in 380? I'm wondering how they compare to the Kahr in terms of the subjective shooting experience/felt recoil. The MR is also on the heavier side of pocket 380s.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Shooter,

Along these lines, have you had a chance to shoot one of the Magnum Rsch Micro Eagle's in 380?

No, but I have handled them fairly extensively. The trigger is way stiffer, the sights suck, and the grip ergos are a little funky - those things were enough to put it out of contention for me. They are also much heavier (14oz. empty), of course, but that may actually help when it comes to shooting. Interestingly MRI advises not to use +P ammo in them. AFAIK, there's no SAAMI spec for .380 +P. :scratch:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Do they make a pinky extension for the P380?

Yes; Pearce PG-K380.
    PG-P380_XL.jpg

But the grip is so short that, in my hands, even adding an extension would not allow me to get my pinky onboard. Kinda like the +1 extension for the Kel-Tec P32. It would also negate some of the gun's concealability in the pocket, and the P380 handles and shoots just dandy without it.

Top Bottom