• ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Those are good looking 45s.

Countertop seems period correct, as well.

That picture has a lot of Boomer in it, in more than one way.

:)

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Yes I agree. I was talking to someone and they had the same thought. People look to the bigger capacities and discard Kahr as an option. Which is a shame considering their quality. It would be nice to see them dabble in the compact game with a high mag capacity
    They are planning on something higher capacity soon. It was announced at the shot show. They didn't say what or when, just that something is coming soon.

That said I've had six of them over the years and still have four, so yes, I kinda like them!

Last edited:

US1882

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2020
    Noblesville
    Have a PM9 with CT for pocket carry when I have to tuck in a shirt which happens at weddings and funerals only these days and a CW45 with Ct that is actually for sale in the classified section that I have on a magnet under my coffee table by my chair and couch for when I forget and leave my EDC on the night stand in the morning. I really like the 45, but the PM9 is a little small for my hand but it fits a purpose as well as any micro can other than capacity.

JGIBSON

Liberty Creek Guns LLC.
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 7, 2021
    Abington IN
    I've had several over the years. For the money I think they are great options. But honestly the cw and cm series had less issues than any of the p series I've had. Cw380 with the upgraded recoil springs was one of the best pocket pistols I've ever owned.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have a few Kahrs. 2 cm9s And a cw380

They are the cheaper models they offer compared to the pm series.

They are well made and mine have all functioned great. At one time, they were an excellent option and one of only a few options of that size.

Fast forward to current times and they seem to be overlooked with all of the current offerings. 365, hellcat, shield plus...
    Slightly bigger yes, but in some cases double the capacity. In my opinion they are still a great choice for a very compact, deep concealment option, but they are tiny and there isn't much to hold onto.

At one time they were very popular with the Glock fans because Glock refused to make a single stack 9mm FOREVER. And they were a nice alternative with a similar style as far as point and shoot, no safety to mess with. The triggers are not my favorite on Kahrs, but they are manageable with some practice.

Also, the small Kahr models in my experience have some really stiff springs. Not really an issue for most of us, but newer shooters seem to struggle with manipulating the slide.

Honestly, with the current selections I would prefer a G43 (same capacity as a cm9, but easier for me to shoot personally), a sig p365, a hellcat, a G43X or G48.

That being said, I would not hesitate to carry a Kahr and feel confident it would perform if I needed it.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Those are good looking 45s.

Countertop seems period correct, as well.

That picture has a lot of Boomer in it, in more than one way.

:)
    Countertop is 6 years old. Cambrian/quartz like thing the wife liked. Replaced the old laminate that sucked.

Way too young to be boomer. Gen z here.

HCALREF

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I owned a Kahr PM40 about 20 years ago. Bought it used and functioned fine, except every once in a while it would crack the magazine follower on the last round fired. Kahr sent plastic magazine followers to me for free, but it was a problem that several other people also had.

Top Bottom