• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mad Brew

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Franklin
    I see a lot of INGOers are watching The Walking Dead, but what about Justified (a quick search didn't return much). Personally, I'm a big fan of the show (and the mind behind it, Elmore Leonard). I really dig the concept of putting an Old West mentality (via main character, Deputy Marshal Raylan Givens) in a modern setting.

Anyways, I figured I'd throw this thread out there to alert potential fans of the show and maybe generate some discussion. It has a good mix of procedural ("bad guy of the week") and meta-plot and the acting is usually outstanding. If you want to watch a Deputy U.S. Marshal dispense with some (sometime extralegal) justice in the backwoods of Kentucky, this show will do it for you.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I thoroughly enjoy this show. Timothy Olyphant really brings out the Old West Marshall character and I think he shines.

This season, to me, has been the best so far. The scenes with the show-down with the pawn shop owner, as well as the one with Duffy right after were 100% bada**.

Boyd Crowder also makes a heck of a villain (good guy sometimes?) Awesome show. I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Also, my wife is from Southeast Kentucky and I've spent a lot of time down there. The accents, the cultural details, the characters...all spot-on and very authentic.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I love the show too. Last night's bathtub scene was the best shot I've ever seen on it or any other show.

He was really good in Deadwood too. It's a shame it got cancelled without the series being pulled together for an ending.

Jacobm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Newton County
    Justified is one of the few shows I never miss. Somehow, to me, this season seems to be falling a bit short of previous years. Maybe it because characters have been killed off.

Two Glock's and a Stetson...you can't go wrong!

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    My wife isn't a real fan but I like it a lot. Too many good characters and it's hard to tell where the next turn is going.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Also, my wife is from Southeast Kentucky and I've spent a lot of time down there. The accents, the cultural details, the characters...all spot-on and very authentic.

I live just across the river from Kentucky. For the life of me, I cannot understand how there is such a difference in the way they talk. It is truely southern.

G-Niner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    I have my TV set to record 'Justified' automatically. No way am I going to miss an episode.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I live just across the river from Kentucky. For the life of me, I cannot understand how there is such a difference in the way they talk. It is truely southern.

Yeah, it's pretty crazy. The southern Appalachian region is even more backwards than the rest of the state. I remember when I first went there to visit her, they all talked about 'hollers' and such. I went in a few hollers myself, lol. Trailers, nekkid kids running around. Trucks all over the yard. The works.

I'll never forget visiting a poor family from her church. They were about as poor as it gets in America, but no way they were letting us walk out of their house without a few handfuls of some produce from their garden.

justjoe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2011
    gun counter at walmart
    Wife and I never miss an episode, plot and acting are spot on. Accents in southeast Ky. are that much different from Indiana. Speak with knowledge on that as I am from Southern Ky. and Grandmother was from Harlan. Culture down there is way different from north Ky. and Indiana.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I've been watching it for a couple seasons now. I never miss it and usually end up watching each episode a couple of times since they play them back to back. I was married to a girl from KY and lived there for a while and the show is spot on with the life and culture down there. They always seem to leave you hanging at the end of each episode wondering what will happen next week, like the letter Raylan was reading last night. Great show! :yesway:

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    My ex wife's family is in Pineville, KY. We went to visit once after we were married in the early 90's. I was told not to leave her grandmother's property. If I went up the mountain, I'd stumble into something that I wouldn't get away from. Found out later from another family member that there was enough pot being grown on both sides of the holler to keep DEA busy for a month. And a lot of it belonged to her 2 uncles. It was so beautiful there, but I felt like at any moment I'd see Burt Reynolds get out of his canoe with his bow.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Love this show. Seen every episode since it started until this year because we got rid of tv. I need to get on hulu and see if i can watch it online.

Mad Brew

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Franklin

Yeah, I've read a lot about the show's authenticity. A podcast I listen to published a piece from a local newspaper reporter and he detailed how the show's protagonists were based on real people/events, like Mags Bennett being based on Mag Bailey. Very cool how they put effort into authenticity.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I love the show. I have not missed an episode, and I don't watch much TV. So far I like this season the best. I was a little disappointed with Raylan last season because he kept getting beat up and nearly got himself killed. I thought we were going down that path last night but he pulled it out in the nick of time.

I think Ava is much hotter than Naiomi, but in my circle of friends that is not the consensus.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Hey, easy on the spoilers guys. I haven't seen last night's yet.

imagesspoiler-alert2.jpg

Top Bottom