• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Sitting in Meineke waiting on my car and in walks a guy half cc'ing. Asked him what he was carrying. Gen 2 G23. Told him im an M&P9 guy. Nice guy. Told him about INGO and he invited me shooting sometime and gave me his card. Nice to meet other 2A rights exercisers!

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Nice job of reaching out to people, hope we see him on INGO.

If you just happened to notice this guy because he was showing a little, just think how many folks must be carrying out there that we never notice at all.

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    He was OWB and it was sticking out a little under his shirt, which was fairly tight so there was also a bulge. He wasn't trying too hard to hide it. At first it looked like a cell phone case, but then it was angled so I saw the muzzle underneath. It is nice to see others carrying!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Hope he joins. I've mentioned the site to a few people over the years but I don't think any of them have ever joined.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    I talk to gun people every day (hazard of my job) but rarely get a chance to mention INGO...maybe when I get my business cards in I can write INGO on the back...hmm, there's a thought lol. I usually notice gun clues outside of work. NRA decals/license plates on cars, saw a guy with a Glock hat at Panda Express one day. It's just difficult sometimes to start a conversation with a stranger in some situations.

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    It may have been awkward if there were other customers in Meineke at the time. "Hey what gun are you carrying?" Etc... But it was just me, him, his mom (it seemed), and the guy working there, who started talking gun ranges with me after the other guy left, so he seemed 2A friendly. I rarely see people carrying in Bloomington. I've only seen two OCers and one was a local gun shop owner.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I had my IWB holster noticed while working in a customers house, thankfully they were gun people. My stupid company would probably discipline me for having a HOLSTER on, if a customer *****ed to them...

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I had my IWB holster noticed while working in a customers house, thankfully they were gun people. My stupid company would probably discipline me for having a HOLSTER on, if a customer *****ed to them...
    That's pretty crazy. The place I work for has a no firearms policy. It's more of a cya thing. The owner/bossman is a hardcore hunter, I'm going to talk to him and see if I can carry if I keep it out of sight. Some of the hoods I have to be out working in aren't nice, especially when your by yourself and your situational awareness is limited because your trying to focus on the task at hand and have a loud truck running high rpms.

nickf2005

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I've noticed that one of the most common/easiest places to stir up a gun or 2A conversation is at the ammo cabinet at Wally World. Usually somebody else there looking for something and can strum up conversation of how it's impossible to find what you want... then I casually ask for my .40 that's plentiful. :) Won't have that pleasure anymore with the XDs 9mm in the stable.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    That's pretty crazy. The place I work for has a no firearms policy. It's more of a cya thing. The owner/bossman is a hardcore hunter, I'm going to talk to him and see if I can carry if I keep it out of sight. Some of the hoods I have to be out working in aren't nice, especially when your by yourself and your situational awareness is limited because your trying to focus on the task at hand and have a loud truck running high rpms.

You arent lying. Delivered drywall to a house off of Washington just west of downtown, one day. Came back a couple hours later to drop off a box truck load, and there were 3 people stealing the drywall. Could have went south FAST. I have to disarm myself, because the cry me a river, bleeding heart liberal douche bags in this country, have TAKEN OVER. The LAWYERS have taken over, and everyone is afraid to hang there balls out.

Every morning, I think twice about disarming myself, and just rolling the dice, and hoping I dont get caught. But the too goody good people I see on a regular basis, with their 1200$ washing machines and 3000$ refrigerators, in their little vinyl box in a field, where they can hang out with their college liberals and live life in their own reality, would feel so DEEPLY offended, and terrified, they would ruin me quick.

I hate people in the god forsaken city.

Desdinova

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2012
    Austin
    I've noticed that one of the most common/easiest places to stir up a gun or 2A conversation is at the ammo cabinet at Wally World. Usually somebody else there looking for something and can strum up conversation of how it's impossible to find what you want... then I casually ask for my .40 that's plentiful. :) Won't have that pleasure anymore with the XDs 9mm in the stable.

I have conversations like that quite a bit while browsing ammo. One of the guys who works the counter at my local Wal-Mart seems to be ready to talk guns all day, so I hang out back there while the wife does her shopping. Makes for a much happier day!

Top Bottom