• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bhowell34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Greenwood
    Let's look at probabilities. How many times in your lifetime have you used a gun for personal protection - actually drawn and fired? Now how many times have you been in a routine traffic stop?

So yeah, go ahead and risk your right to continue to carry a firearm for the rest of your life on the miniscule chance that you might need it on that ride. OR - you could just choose to not ride in Ohio.

Only been pulled over once in my life for speeding. So don't speed if you're worried. Obviously the easy answer is just to get a UT or FL license or just avoid Ohio like you said. If you CC most people won't ever know you are carrying so as long as you don't say anything it's not a big deal. I'm just saying worse case scenario I'd rather be armed

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Only been pulled over once in my life for speeding. So don't speed if you're worried. Obviously the easy answer is just to get a UT or FL license or just avoid Ohio like you said. If you CC most people won't ever know you are carrying so as long as you don't say anything it's not a big deal. I'm just saying worse case scenario I'd rather be armed

Yeah, I think we'd all RATHER be armed. We're members of this forum, right? But to suggest risking a felony to do it seems a bit reckless to me. If that's how you roll, knock yourself out.

bhowell34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Greenwood
    Yeah it's something everyone has to weigh. Breaking an unjust law or seeing your family killed in front of you. Both unlikely events to happen just depends on how much risk you are willing to accept

bhowell34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Greenwood
    I'm not trying to argue with you I'm just saying you never know whats going to happen now a days. Did people think they were going to get blown up while running a marathon? Probably not. You're never certain you won't need protection

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    If I HAD to take my family into a known dangerous area, I would do whatever I could to keep them safe. My first choice would be to not take them into that situation. IMO, there is a HUGE difference between that scenario and taking a recreational motorcycle ride (ostensibly alone, as he did NOT mention taking family). It really boils down to a matter of common sense.

bhowell34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Greenwood
    The problem is you don't know what a known dangerous area is. That's what I'm trying to say. Who thought taking your kid to elementary school would be dangerous or going to a movie. You can't predict the future.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    No you need to bc you're getting your panties in a bunch because someone has a different opinion than you.

Rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Stay safe my friend

Panties in a bunch? Over this?!? Nah, not even a little. But I will almost ALWAYS take exception to advice suggesting someone risk a felony charge to participate in a recreational activity.

Good luck to you.

RspecZX6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Shelbyville, IN
    IIRC, open carry is legal in Ohio w/o a license.

It is legal, but the problem is that OH LEOs will hassle you if someone calls and complains. Not the LEOs fault, but the fault of their bosses for allowing it. The officers just follow orders like any of us at our jobs.

Basically it's legal, but you're not allowed to do it because of hoplophobia.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    open carry it in ohio....technically I think you can with IN LTCH, and only in a car will that require a CCW

Top Bottom