• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    WOW, nice little thirty minute stretch of weather here @ the IBM household.

Winds averaged 32mph with 5 gust reaching over 45mph and one hitting 51mph.

Also had rain falling @ a rate of 2.93 inches a hour, but ended getting a total of 1.21 inches in that 30 minutes span.

Temp dropped from 87 to 68 degrees

Barometer went from 29.97 to 29.82 in about six minutes.

Looks like we are not out of it yet, got a lull right now, but another cell is blowing up just north of Martinsville and heading north towards Mooresville and we are a hop, skip and jump north of them.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Three houses within one mile of me hit by lightning, one across the street from my elderly mother. Smell of smoke is still in the air a few hours later. There was also some wind damage in the Westfield area, and I can hear chainsaws running in my neighborhood.

I got lucky, all my trees still standing, and ammo safe and sound.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    We got pounded with hail and blinding rain coming into Plainfield from the Atlanta match this afternoon.

Was you coming in on I70 west to the 267 exit?

I live just SW of 267/70 and it was moving N/NE and the worst of it was to the east of me. Radar in that area was deep purple and a smidgen of pink in the middle, I figured some hail along with more rain that we was getting, and we got a lot in a little time.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Was you coming in on I70 west to the 267 exit?

I live just SW of 267/70 and it was moving N/NE and the worst of it was to the east of me. Radar in that area was deep purple and a smidgen of pink in the middle, I figured some hail along with more rain that we was getting, and we got a lot in a little time.

70w to the Ronald Regan/Ameriplex exit. You could barely make out brake lights a couple car lengths ahead. Several cars were on the shoulder waiting it out.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    70w to the Ronald Regan/Ameriplex exit. You could barely make out brake lights a couple car lengths ahead. Several cars were on the shoulder waiting it out.

That squall line that you ran into, it's western edge was the part beating down on us at our house.

After looking at the weather data online from my weather station, What I thought was a 19 degree drop in temp, turned out to be 23 in 15 minutes. and had a couple of wind gusts that I missed.

When I seen it developing on radar, it did what I thought it was going to do, blow up because of a warm humidity filled day.

I must admit, while I hate bad weather, I am intrigued by it to the extent that it seems like I am the one standing in the middle of the cornfield holding the lighting rod into the air. One of these days I'm going to head to the Midwest plains and do some tornado chasing, but I plan on using a really long camera and video lens.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I had the windows down in the van watching the dark black cloud, and got pelted with loose gravel through the window from a gust. Got a little cut under my left eye from it. UGH!

Top Bottom