Jury Selection: What's your favorite color?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    A few years ago I was in jury selection for an Indy murder trial. The last question they asked prospective jurors is “what is your favorite color?” About 8 of us answered “blue” and another 7 or so answered “red” with a few other colors thrown in. We discussed this in the jury room and we believed at the time that every single person who answered blue was selected and every single person who answered red was dismissed. Again, I have researched this until I’m heh blue in the face. Any ideas? Any lawyers want to weigh in here?

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    What if you don't have one?

Why didn't you get selected for the jury?

"They asked me my favorite color, I pointed out I was an adult male and not a teenage girl so I don't have a favorite color, a BFF, nor a glitter preference." :D
    No way you don’t have a FAVORITE color look in your closet at your hanging shirts or in your drawer guarantee there is one color more often than the rest. Now the favorite glitter is harder to determine….

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    012028cd-78ee-4cb1-9293-74e506f21283_text.gif

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    No way you don’t have a FAVORITE color look in your closet at your hanging shirts or in your drawer guarantee there is one color more often than the rest. Now the favorite glitter is harder to determine….

Honestly, I don't. I do have a least favorite. Seafoam green. **** seafoam green. I have no idea why, but it's a long rooted and passionate hatred that even predates my military service. As a kid, I would throw away the seafoam green crayon from the box of 64. I had a physical revulsion reaction to it, like seeing someone vomit causes some people to react.

You got me curious, though. I did try your shirt count. Blue is over represented by a large margin due to dress shirts. Blue goes with nearly any suit, so I think that's more a function of versatility than favoritism. Removing dress shirts I wear solely for work, it's a nearly even mix of gray, white, black, green, brown, and blue. So...earth tones? I do tend to dress in one of two styles:

1) Euro Trash with hillbilly fusion
    2) A guy who won a gift card to Eddie Bauer, stopped by the Graceland gift shop/Lansky Bros, and is now on his way to a 1980's country music award show.

Car count is also pretty even. My last vehicles in reverse order:
    Green
    White
    Red
    Maroon
    Black
    Green
    Gray
    Black

I just don't think I do. I have a bucket of acceptable colors, a few hard no's, but no actual favorite.

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    The question was verbal. Some answered other colors and were either selected or not. It was just unusual there were so many blues and reds and the selection process divided them. There must be some lawyerish reason. Maybe Dr Bull would know.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Not putting much faith in it, but I did find this:

Red is a notoriously bold and vibrant color. A preference for this hue indicates a strong, confident and outgoing personality — or the desire to take on such traits. Those who select red may appear more alluring to others.

So either they wanted more "malleable" jurors, or nixing the competition for the cute juror #7.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Honestly, I don't. I do have a least favorite. Seafoam green. **** seafoam green. I have no idea why, but it's a long rooted and passionate hatred that even predates my military service. As a kid, I would throw away the seafoam green crayon from the box of 64. I had a physical revulsion reaction to it, like seeing someone vomit causes some people to react.

You got me curious, though. I did try your shirt count. Blue is over represented by a large margin due to dress shirts. Blue goes with nearly any suit, so I think that's more a function of versatility than favoritism. Removing dress shirts I wear solely for work, it's a nearly even mix of gray, white, black, green, brown, and blue. So...earth tones? I do tend to dress in one of two styles:

1) Euro Trash with hillbilly fusion
    2) A guy who won a gift card to Eddie Bauer, stopped by the Graceland gift shop/Lansky Bros, and is now on his way to a 1980's country music award show.

Car count is also pretty even. My last vehicles in reverse order:
    Green
    White
    Red
    Maroon
    Black
    Green
    Gray
    Black

I just don't think I do. I have a bucket of acceptable colors, a few hard no's, but no actual favorite.
    Wait.... You got the box of 64!

I didn't know I was in the presence of royalty. :drama:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The car color thing was not much help.

Four of the last 5 cars have been light grey with the odd one being metallic light blue/grey. Before them I drove company cars in whatever color was issued, mostly white or beige.

And the wife drove a grey mini van

Top Bottom