• ...and so much more!
  • bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    Nope not that kind.

I am working on diet and exercise. I have been working out for a few months (eating better since last April), and I remember the next day muscle soreness. That is a good thing. But my joints hurt. I know to feed the muscles protein. What has helped you folks feed your joints?

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Nope not that kind.

I am working on diet and exercise. I have been working out for a few months (eating better since last April), and I remember the next day muscle soreness. That is a good thing. But my joints hurt. I know to feed the muscles protein. What has helped you folks feed your joints?

I am in the same situation. Currently use aspirin and Tylenol for joint pain. Not very effective, but better than nothing. Cold packs also help with the pain in my knees and ankles.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I occasionally work out with a friend that happens to be a master certified personal trainer and a professional body builder. I have issues with joint pain, mostly in my knees and shoulders. Osteo Biflex and joint juice work fairly well. But, I usually take Joint Care from Beverley International. The down side to the stuff from Beverley is it's in pill form so it's 6 pills a day. It all seems to help but I haven't found anything to eliminate the pain.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Nope not that kind.

:noway::noway:

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    See a doctor. See an actual physical therapist. Don't come online and ask for help. Nobody on here can appropriately diagnose your joint issues. Seriously. It could be a muscle imbalance. It could be that your joints are now bone on bone. It could be that you're just heavy and need to lose weight. We can't tell you that here. A doctor and/or physical therapist is where you need to go. Don't **** around with your joints, that's how you end up needing joint replacement surgery. Go to a doctor.

And...Read actual medical studies on the joint pills people are recommending. The vast majority are no better than a placebo pill. Glucosamine and Chondroitin, for example, doesn't actually do anything.

If you need a recommendation, go to St. Vincent Sports Med Clinic in Indy. Only place I go now. I run 100 mile ultra marathons. I beat my body the **** up. They fix me. They work with olympians. Nike flies athletes out to see them. They are excellent.

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    That is a good thing. But my joints hurt. I know to feed the muscles protein. What has helped you folks feed your joints?

5hy6hZR.jpg

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    Cissus has helped me with tendonitis if that is the source of your pain. Joints is kind of a large target area, so it depends on what is actually hurting. If you've inflamed your tendons or ligaments, it could help, otherwise ...

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Hyaluronic Acid...it's good for the joints and good for the skin. And what Indiuky said...that's good for the joints when they hurt.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Charlatan! That stuff is nothing more than snake oil, every time I take it for minor aches and pains, I wake up two days later with a splitting headache, and all the original aches and pains?

Hmmmm, that sounds like a personal problem. Perhaps you overmedicated?

Apply until the pain stops...not your brain...

Top Bottom