• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amallen1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Terre Haute
    Who has seen John Carter, and what did you think?

We watched it yesterday, and yes, it is not the be-all-end-all of sci-fi, but it was a truly entertaining story and well done film. Not real sure why it flopped...:dunno:

Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    I thought it was certainly worth watching. Some of it was a little hokey, like the part where he was trying to get used to merely walking in lower gravity, but you never saw it affect him at any other point unless he was jumping.

I think people were just confused by the fact that it was a Disney production, but it wasn't a kids movie. I wonder how many parents took there 4- and 6-year-olds to see it an walked out after seeing what it was all about.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Agreed with the SE and watched it on Blue-ray, too. Interesting that there is an app that synches your iPad with the blue-ray player so tha tyo can see additional on-line content on hteiPad whaile you are watching the movie.

I think it flopped as it just did not have the same bite as things like Star Wars. While the story is not really much different from the SW story line, the historic context would not really grab today's younger crowd.

SF movies are always kind of iffy. Sometimes the techy side will sell, but in theis case, the techy side wass sort of "steam-punk" and that movement does not appear to have caught on.

Top Bottom