• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    How about a background check and $75 fee to get a voter registration card?

Good thought to make the point, but two problems with the idea:

1) Poll taxes are already illegal. Much as people point to the fact that an officer cannot create a checkpoint to ensure drivers are licensed, based on the fact that they are driving and doing so on public streets without a license is a criminal act, and liken this to carry of a handgun, but the SCOTUS decided the former narrowly in Delaware v Prouse. The Pinner case may change that here in Indiana.
    2) Despite the often-phrased misstatement, there is no “right” to vote. If it was a right, anyone could vote in any election, even if not a citizen affected by the consequence of that vote. Remember, our rights come from our Creator, not our government. Voting is a privilege of citizenship.

Blessings,
    Bill

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I really like his tactic with licensing journalists but I think the medical marijuana thing is to gain votes for reelection. Maybe I'm wrong.

The "Republican" who will run against him in the Primary, Nancy Franke, is a closet Dem. And she will get smoked, and then he will probably be unopposed in the general.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Oh the stupid, it burns

22894352_1919603468054924_6733151888917798624_n.jpg

https://twitter.com/KeithOlbermann/status/918969090286505984

Only a couple people on Twitter mentioned that this is about demonstrating how these restrictions look on another Right.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Reeling the discussion back from sarcasm, rights and responsibility are a package deal. We need to make that stick. Like Lucas said: "if I was as irresponsible with my firearms as the media has been with their keyboards, I'd probably be in jail." Slander designed to destroy the reputations of people for having the "wrong" opinion or to incite no-nothings to take to the street, is illegal.

Top Bottom