Jeep woes, and I dont know what to do with it..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    The 4.0L engine was "changed" in the model year '99, so if you need another block, use '99 and up as a switchero. Also, grab the computer when dealing with "junkyard" replacements.

They did? I thought the 97-99 was the same, the 2000-03 had the 0331 head with coil over plug with no distro

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    not open today, but this place in Burlington might be able to give you some ideas: E & K Sales, Inc. | Burlington, IN
    When I toasted the engine in my Wrangler, I gave thesr folks a call. They didn't have anything in stock, so the lady called several of their competitors, and pointed me in the right direction. Seem like good people. You might alsp check with Willie Mote's.

upalot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    PAWNEE
    If you go with a rebuilt engine, consider Jasper Engines right here in Indiana. Best warranty in the business and they have been around for over 70 years.

Rocdenindy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Indy
    I have an 02 liberty that this happened to. Engine completely locked up. Hopefully Edwards Transmission can hook me up with a used engine at a decent price

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I just recently picked up a 1998 cherokee 4.0L for $100 to rebuild...keep looking, you'll find one

SANDART70

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Avon
    Look up ALLPAR.COM you can search for useful info on any Chrysler products.
    you might have to create a user account to search on the tech forum.
    GOOD LUCK

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Ended up finding one with under with around 100k, with a compression test done, and it was driven right before it was pulled. Got it in my Jeep, and this engine runs better than the old one did (before I blew it).

We had a heck of a time getting the engine to turn over to unbolt the torque converter. Ended up prying inside #3 to get the remains of the piston to break up and free everything up.

Long story short, 3 weekends of working on Sundays, 3 30 pack's of Bush Light, 1 engine at $850, under $100 for misc fluids, a belt, etc..... And I have a great running SUV.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Then come over to my house and replace the brake caliper and rotor on my ford pickemup, same story as hookeye, except for the sloped driveway.

Top Bottom