• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Planning on attending if the weather is decent. We've got some relatives that have never been and are looking for a few things they're having a hard time finding. It will be the first 1500 we've been to in several years. From what I've read here recently there won't be an INGO table correct?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    For me personally, the parking fee, + admission fee, + the fact that it's at the State Fairgrounds all make it a non-starter. Which is too bad because there's some great people-watching to be had at gun shows.

Was $5 jumped to $8 dollars. That is crazy. That makes it what.....$20 just to clear the door.
    I can see going to $6 but that huge of a jump........crazy.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I think you could **** away your money on a lot worse things for a day out of the house in the winter.

OP's trying to stir up more friends for you to run into. :)

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I think you could **** away your money on a lot worse things for a day out of the house in the winter.

I agree. A matinee movie with popcorn is over $20.00. Heck, I go to the 1500 at least a couple times a year and I am driving up from Evansville. So factor in about $50.00 in gas as well as the $20.00 for parking and entry. But I enjoy it and spend 4-5 hours at the show typically. I often have a couple sales or purchases lined up through INGO to boot which gives me another reason to go.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I tend to make it once or twice each year. Yeah, it's expensive, but I like it better than I like bowling, movies, etc.

Plus I always seem to find some little doodad that I'm done with that basically covers my entry fees. Some holster I'll never use again, take-off AR grip, etc. Going to gun shows helps me de-clutter.

LazyAce

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I haven't been to a 1500 since my dad died in 2012. Is it still cool to bring guns to sell/trade w/o a booth? Got a polytech (386) and a Daewoo AR100 I'm trying to get rid of, this could be a good opportunity to do just that.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I haven't been to a 1500 since my dad died in 2012. Is it still cool to bring guns to sell/trade w/o a booth? Got a polytech (386) and a Daewoo AR100 I'm trying to get rid of, this could be a good opportunity to do just that.

Yep. Make sure they are unloaded, and then they'll be checked and ziptied at the door.

Top Bottom