• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buzzined

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Crown Point
    Anybody know anything about the new Iver Johnson 1911's. I was at the gunstore looking at a Springfield RO when I noticed it. Looked at and it seems nice but it cost about $350 less with very similar features. Wondering if it is going to be a get what you paid for situation or are they good guns? Any feedback would be appreciated.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have no direct experience with that gun. As you state, with a 1911 you usually get what you pay for. We have 2 RO's and love owning them. We shoot the snot out of 1 and the other is yet to be fired.
    You will not be disappointed if you get the Springer.

buzzined

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Crown Point
    I have shot a RO and I loved it. Was just wondering I am not a 1911 expert, I do own a Sig C3 1911, the gun felt good just wish could get some input from someone that has owns or shot one. $350 less on getting my self a full size 1911 goes along way to the next gun purchase after that one.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have shot a RO and I loved it. Was just wondering I am not a 1911 expert, I do own a Sig C3 1911, the gun felt good just wish could get some input from someone that has owns or shot one. $350 less on getting my self a full size 1911 goes along way to the next gun purchase after that one.

I do understand stretching out the money. I have never seen one and I am a 1911 addict. Heard of them but no idea what they are about. If they were a good thing I would think we would know.

Compare the frame to slide fit with an RO. Trigger pull, how the hammer and sear sound and feel compared to the RO. I would bet you lunch at your favorite local joint they are miles apart.

My one and only issue with the RO is the large rear sight. It is a great plus for the range but a deterrent in EDC. I always get it snagged on something. I still carry it on occasion but am careful with it.

Have you tried looking around on line or in a 1911 forum....???

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Anybody know anything about the new Iver Johnson 1911's. I was at the gunstore looking at a Springfield RO when I noticed it. Looked at and it seems nice but it cost about $350 less with very similar features. Wondering if it is going to be a get what you paid for situation or are they good guns? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Made in the Phillippines by armscore no doubt. You get what you pay for.

8cb473371065ca2ffff815affffe415.jpg

buzzined

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Crown Point
    I have been wanting the RO for a while now. Think I will just stick with that. I only plan on using it as a range gun I carry my sig c3 so I actually wanted the adjustable rear sight it is one of the things that drew me towards the RO!

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Made in the Phillippines by armscore no doubt. You get what you pay for.

If that's the case they have one of the best warranty programs out there, slide to frame fit will be better than most, finish will be thin with a big billboard for a roll mark unless it's the new small one. It will shoot anything you put in it, and you just saved about $300.
    Seriously though, never seen the Iver Johnson 1911's but if your on a budget, don't discount the RIA's

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    I saw one at a LGS last week and for the money you may be better off getting something thats been out longer that has a track record. Iver Johnson made some good stuff back in the day I have a Model X bolt action rifle that Ill never part with.

Top Bottom