• ...and so much more!
  • amallen1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Terre Haute
    For me anyhow...

I finally got my M&P 40 Shield last night, along a MTAC IWB holster. I don't have any issues with printing, and this carry set-up seems to disappear under my standard "untucked" polo shirt. Couldn't be happier with the new set-up!:rockwoot:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I am curious how the Shield .40 shoots. How much barrel rise? How about follow on shots? It seems to be very small and light for the .40.

amallen1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Terre Haute
    I need to put a few more rounds down range before I can give a full review, but it is handling great so far. The Shield doesn't feel like a "small" gun, like the nano and LC9 do.

I'll keep you up to date as I use it more.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Congrats on the purchase. I hope you like it. I have no doubts that it will serve you well. On one hand I'm pretty jealous of your Shield in .40, on the other hand, knowing what I know now, I shoot compact/smaller pistols better in 9mm.
    I like MTAC and Crossbreed holsters a lot. Even better, there's a guy near Bloomington that makes some great holsters (henry holsters) with leather and kydex.
    Again, congrats and enjoy.

OiRadio47

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Mishawaka
    The Shield in .40 isnt bad at all. I dont see a difference in recoil compared to a Glock 27/23.

I have only put 150 rounds through mine. It is enjoyable to shoot, but reloading the 6/7 round mags gets old quick!

Ill gladly let anyone try mine if you live near by. Just dont blame me if you want to buy one, or sell your Glock for a shield!

Bap1911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 29, 2011
    NE Indy
    A friend of mine has the Shield 9mm which I have put a few rounds through and was very impressed with how it didn't feel like subcompact/pocket gun. As a former .40 guy I wouldn't doubt that you'll have a similar experience once you do some shooting with it. Probably going to feel like a typical .40.

Keep us posted.

amallen1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Terre Haute
    Ok, so I finally got to the range and put the Shield 40 to the test. I have to say it really shoots great. I had no failure to feeds, and performed exactly like I asked it to.

There is the typical "poppy-ness" of a .40, but the extended mag helps to control that a bit. S&W did a great job making this weapon not "feel" like a sub compact.

I am very pleased with the Shield.

Top Bottom