It's been a week since my last, but I caved this morning.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I quit soda cold turkey in late 2020. I can count on one hand how many diet or sugar soda drinks I’ve had since then. I don’t miss them but I don’t think quitting them cold turkey has done a damn thing for me either.

teufelmacht

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2023
    Albany
    I caved and had a diet doctor pepper. Two months ago I was having 4 a day. Now it's less than one a week.

Should I get proffesional help for my regression?
    I feel for you. The other day I filled up the machine, and had to go inside and grab one from the fountain. So good.

mark40sw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2015
    Roanoke
    Sodas are nothing but overpriced liquid with nothing beneficial in them. Tap water is as cheap as anything you will ever consume and much better for you. If you fed that stuff to your pets regularly, you would probably be tried for animal abuse. Same for starbucks.

If you want to have a look at how bad it is, try google search for teeth in soda experiment. That's the stuff you are spending money on to run over your teeth.

teeth .jpg

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    About 10 years ago I quit cold turkey. The first 2 weeks were the worst.

After that it was easy and no headache.

Then I wanted a long island which kinda made me pick if I were going to have a coke in it or not.

Game over, back to drinking a few a fay.

Never lost weight, I just ate more instead.
    I have cut back agsin recently and drinking more v8 instead (the splash version).

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    I gave it up a long time ago just due to the fact I enjoyed drinking other things more. A couple years ago at a family gathering. All that was there was soda. I picked one up. I thought it tasted horrible and kinda burnt the inside of my mouth due to the high carbonation I was no longer use to. This caused me to question if I ever really liked them or was it just that everyone including my parents was drinking them, so it was the thing to do. My ol lady on the other hand go thru about 6 to 8 12 packs of Diet Mt Dew a week. And that is all she drinks. She recently quit smoking and I asked her if soda was next. I got a polite FU! lol

Top Bottom