• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mrs. Hoppes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    New Goshen
    The children are long since asleep. Dinner dishes are done and kitchen is picked up. Breakfast is in the crockpot. I've showered. The house is quiet. (With the exception of Mr. laughing at something on his computer.)

Is there an asteroid coming? An alien invasion? Not only are all the children sleeping, but they are all sleeping in their appropriate places. No child on a couch. No child in my arms. No child in my bed.

I'm scared!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Holy cow, if Lamaze breathing causes pregnancy, I may be in serious trouble. I need to go call my lawyer and my doctor, in that order.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    What are you making for breakfast in a crock pot?

I have tried oatmeal and apples but prefer my oatmeal not cooked so much.

Mrs. Hoppes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    New Goshen
    Brown rice and honey. Brown rice on the stove takes about 45 minutes to cook. So in a crockpot over night, it doesn't have the same problem as oatmeal.

With the oatmeal, I'll put it together and turn the crockpot on after the night news. I also have a "warm" setting which is lower than "low" that prevents the over cooking you mentioned.

abbersmom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Hymera
    They know how excited you were to watch the Colts game so they went to bed early?

The children are long since asleep. Dinner dishes are done and kitchen is picked up. Breakfast is in the crockpot. I've showered. The house is quiet. (With the exception of Mr. laughing at something on his computer.)

Is there an asteroid coming? An alien invasion? Not only are all the children sleeping, but they are all sleeping in their appropriate places. No child on a couch. No child in my arms. No child in my bed.

I'm scared!

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I can think of a few other reasons to flee Buffalo other then the Buffalo Bills.:D

They had a good start to the year to bad they tanked it. I was actually not getting any ribbing from the guys at work when I wore my Bills hard hat.:): Well at least for the first part of the season..

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ok, so what's the trick to making brown rice in a crock pot? What's the ratio of water to rice? Do you use a chicken broth instead of water or anything like that? What's the difference in making white rice and brown rice in the crock pot or is there one?

That's why I rarely make the brown rice on the stove. I don't want to wait 45 minutes for my rice... hehehe That's valuable time :)

Mr.Hoppes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    New Goshen IN
    I went through 4 FOUR Super bowls with the bills I don't watch or follow football anymore. Buffalo Had a basketball team once they were so bad they left town and no one cried. The bills should do the same. Instead they whine about having an outdoor stadium, and want the city of Buffalo to build them a dome down town or they will leave..

Unusually Quiet in the house tonight. Like they say it's always quietest just before the storm. That most likely will be 5 minutes after I put my head on the pillow, whatever time that may be. It's like they have that sense, "I'm asleep and must scream out, Daddy's head just hit the pillow" Oh yeah and poop will probably happen too. It always figures into the scenario some where.

Mrs. Hoppes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    New Goshen
    Ok, so what's the trick to making brown rice in a crock pot? What's the ratio of water to rice? Do you use a chicken broth instead of water or anything like that? What's the difference in making white rice and brown rice in the crock pot or is there one?

That's why I rarely make the brown rice on the stove. I don't want to wait 45 minutes for my rice... hehehe That's valuable time :)

Brown rice is healthier than white rice. The water/rice ratio is 2:1. 2 parts water to 1 part rice.

Because it is a breakfast item tomorrow, I put honey in with the rice and treat it like a hot cereal. It's a grain like oatmeal is a grain. It gives them something a bit different that they still like.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Brown rice is healthier than white rice. The water/rice ratio is 2:1. 2 parts water to 1 part rice.

Because it is a breakfast item tomorrow, I put honey in with the rice and treat it like a hot cereal. It's a grain like oatmeal is a grain. It gives them something a bit different that they still like.

I like the brown rice. It's rarely served at restaurants but when we go to BD's Mongolian bbq I always get the brown rice. Of course, I also eat it on a tortilla which kind of defeats the purpose of eating the brown rice.. hehehe

I wasn't sure if the ratio would still be the same in the crockpot as it is on the stove and I see it is.

Sounds like a good breakfast you will have. Sounds yummy right now. I just made some barbeque wienies for scutter. Those usually go in the crockpot but I wanted them with 5 minutes :)

Top Bottom