• ...and so much more!
  • db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    https://local.nixle.com/alert/5026952/?sub_id=681133

The Indiana State Police Department is responsible for issuing licenses to carry a handgun to citizens of Indiana that request a license. The Department is required to issue or deny the request - stating the denial cause - within 60 days from the time an application is submitted. Efforts to meet the time frame requirement have not been met due to a significant rise in the number of requests for handgun licenses. This is attributable to the number of shootings across the country, coupled with national news stories debating more restrictive gun laws.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Did you read the article? They offer their explanation. :dunno:

I read the story but anyone waiting for months on their license to come back could have told the ISP they need more help. The 'evaluation' seems like a waste of time.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Shared elsewhere
    did a quick review of last time I looked at this

(side note: just 2 January's ago - my wife's took less than 2 weeks)

A brief review:
    Since I last quoted numbers (June 11, 2013: data to end of March 466,275 LTCH's)
    there are now another 27,000 LTCH's added - for total of 493,205
    and the last 7 months (June is incomplete) total app's (Dec 2012 to part June 2013) is 91,940
    already 50% more than all of 2012, and will likely surpass the 2009 total of 98,639 within the coming month.

As I said previously - we're going to double last year. Given that most are lifetime LTCH's ... that's NEW people getting licensed to carry.

ParaManAR15

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    So now they're going to streamline the process and bring on more people when the peak of the applications was back in January and now declining. I guess better late than never.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What we need is an administrative penalty for each week the ISP holds up each and every application past 60 days. 61-66 days from mailing it in to getting LTCH back in the mail, refund $2. 67-73 days, $5; 74-80, $12; 81-87, $25. Eventually, that schedule would get into the range where the ISP would wind up paying Hoosiers to take their LTCHes.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    What we need is an administrative penalty for each week the ISP holds up each and every application past 60 days. 61-66 days from mailing it in to getting LTCH back in the mail, refund $2. 67-73 days, $5; 74-80, $12; 81-87, $25. Eventually, that schedule would get into the range where the ISP would wind up paying Hoosiers to take their LTCHes.

some people are always chasing the mighty ambulance

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Eliminate the use of the ISP altogether. If you are not locked up or otherwise prohibited, carry away.:rockwoot:

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    What I find telling, is that ALL of the people who had four year licenses have now had the chance to convert them to lifetime licenses and STILL there is huge backlog.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    bear in mind I'm addicted to shows like "how its made", but I'd love to see exactly what goes into an application... exactly what they do and how long it takes to process each app.

As a bonus, it would be interesting to see what they do with ones that are "iffy" such as a minor infraction decades back that isnt a deal breaker, but may require more detailed scrutiny.

And you KNOW the system is farked up when the following happens... two people submit apps exactly 1 week apart... first candidate uses the traditional ("slow") IMPD method, and exactly a week later the second candidate (actually a husband and wife) pays extra and uses the "faster" (now required) private agency to submit the application.

Fast forward 22+ weeks and the "faster" applicant(s) gets his "Larry" over a month later than the traditional applicant. :xmad: I thought that using L2 (or whatever they are called now) guaranteed faster service? At least thats what they (and the ISP website at the time) claimed. I'd be demanding a refund if I were them...

Top Bottom