• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armed Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have a friend that has another friend that is an illegal emigrant from Mexico. He has been caught and deported back to Mexico in the past. Well he came back. Here is the recent story as I know it:

According to me friend his buddy was stopped by police. He was asked for his ID. When his credentials were called in he was reported illegal. The officer called for additional police presence to the scene. Another officer arrived and asked the man for his cell phone. The officer took his cell to his squad car. Unknown to the man, the officer reportedly installed a tracking device on his cell. Came back to the man's car returning his ID and cell, told him it was his "lucky day" and turned him loose. A few weeks later, the man was stopped again and arrested and deported back to Mexico. He was told then that his cell was being tracked and the police knew where he was at all times. They stated they planned to arrest him twice, but did not do so because he was with his family and did not want to have his children see him arrested and they waited until he was alone.

Is this an actual police practice? The whole story seemed kind of far fetched. Can police actually track your cell like this?

What kind of legal ramifications would the police and state face if they failed to arrest a known illegal
    emigrant, sent him on his was waiting to arrest him later, but a few days later this guy murdered someone?

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    I have a friend that has another friend that is an illegal emigrant from Mexico. He has been caught and deported back to Mexico in the past. Well he came back. Here is the recent story as I know it:

According to me friend his buddy was stopped by police. He was asked for his ID. When his credentials were called in he was reported illegal. The officer called for additional police presence to the scene. Another officer arrived and asked the man for his cell phone. The officer took his cell to his squad car. Unknown to the man, the officer reportedly installed a tracking device on his cell. Came back to the man's car returning his ID and cell, told him it was his "lucky day" and turned him loose. A few weeks later, the man was stopped again and arrested and deported back to Mexico. He was told then that his cell was being tracked and the police knew where he was at all times. They stated they planned to arrest him twice, but did not do so because he was with his family and did not want to have his children see him arrested and they waited until he was alone.

Is this an actual police practice? The whole story seemed kind of far fetched. Can police actually track your cell like this?

What kind of legal ramifications would the police and state face if they failed to arrest a known illegal
    emigrant, sent him on his was waiting to arrest him later, but a few days later this guy murdered someone?
    LMAO!:n00b::n00b::n00b::n00b:. I really doubt it happened at all!

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Section 439 of the Antiterrorism and Effective Death Penalty Act of 1996 added a new 8 U.S.C. § 1252c which provides that notwithstanding any other provision of law, to the extent permitted by relevant State and local law, State and local law enforcement officials are authorized to arrest and detain an individual who (1) is an alien illegally present in the United States; and (2) has previously been convicted of a felony in the United States and deported and left the United States after such conviction, but only after the State or local law enforcement officials obtain appropriate confirmation from the Immigration and Naturalization Service of the status of such individual and only for such period of time as may be required for the Service to take the individual into federal custody for purposes of deporting or removing the alien from the United States.

Criminal Resource Manual 1918 Arrest of Illegal Aliens by State and Local Officers

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    If you are arrested and illegal, they don't just let you go. They also don't install tracking devices in cell phone, all they need is the phone number and can triangulate if they want to.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Indiana currently does not issue drivers licenses to undocumented immigrants, unless something as changed in the last couple of months.

So if the officers checked on his license, and it showed he was an illegal that was previously deported, that means he was issued a SECOND license? I can see someone fooling the BMV once, but twice with the same credentials? Why would an illegal use the same ID? They would have to take him back to the station and get him fingerprinted to find out he was an illegal.

I also don't see an everyday officer carrying around tracking devices, especially tiny ones that fit in a cell phone. I suppose there could be a wacko out there, that wants to bypass his department, which could track the phone easily.

And to answer your question, the police are not required to arrest illegals. No legal ramifications.
    There are states in the US that even issue them a drivers license. Immigration enforcement is SUPPOSE to be a federal thing. Locals can't even deport illegals. Unless there is an effort from every state and county, the immigrants are here to stay. It's way above the federal government's head already.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    If you are arrested and illegal, they don't just let you go. They also don't install tracking devices in cell phone, all they need is the phone number and can triangulate if they want to.

Yea but this guy was detained, not arrested. An officer absolutely can let an illegal go.

How it probably went down..

Suspect stopped
    No drivers license or fake DL
    Fingerprinted
    Illegal immigrant, prior convictions, deported previously.
    Handed over to feds

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    This hits close to home, but not that close. (2) DUI's (3) Posession charges (or so has been witnessed), no deportation. Let go without processing. ICE taken countless times. Released. Illegals do not even get exported any longer. Why would they? they seem to be worth so much to the contrary.... Very close female friend with very sophomoric and able bodied, smooth English talking Hispanic counterpart.

MY FATHER WAS ILLEGAL... and from Mexico. Until he went to Vietnam. Still Took care of his mother and baby brother like a father, before and after.... but this is a different story, all together.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    This hits close to home, but not that close. (2) DUI's (3) Posession charges (or so has been witnessed), no deportation. Let go without processing. ICE taken countless times. Released. Illegals do not even get exported any longer. Why would they? they seem to be worth so much to the contrary.... Very close female friend with very sophomoric and able bodied, smooth English talking Hispanic counterpart.

MY FATHER WAS ILLEGAL... and from Mexico. Until he went to Vietnam. Still Took care of his mother and baby brother like a father, before and after.... but this is a different story, all together.

"this is a different story":D

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    1) We don't carry tracking device ready to just install in someone's cell phone with us. I've never seen one, actually. When we do GPS someone, it requires a warrant.

2) If I'm going to arrest you, why not do it now instead of tracking you and then waiting because I don't want to do it in front of your kids? That's stupid. You track people to build a criminal case, not to play catch and release.

3) ICE doesn't care unless there's a couple of felonies or gang activity involved. Calling ICE to say you have an illegal on a traffic stop is like calling the state police to report you saw someone going 60 mph on I-465. Yes, its illegal, but with the available resources they don't care about that level of offense.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    No, the police don't put a GPS tracker on your cell phone. :rolleyes:

It's actually implanted behind the right ear, which sometimes causes periodic ringing in the ears. If you occasionally suffer from strange tones or ringing in your ears, you've likely been implanted. The best way to remove it is to go to the nearest police station and tell them that you "know about Project Herd."

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    No, this has happened to several people I met on the internet. Usually they find an unlocked car with a rear-seat cigarette lighter and plug their phone/charger in and wedge it under the seat. That keeps it charged and the police off their tail. Then go buy a tracfone with bitcoins and only to use to make phone calls under two minutes (untraceable).

Seriously though... they can track your phone without installing anything on it. And illegals don't get deported. Whole story is weird.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I dont know about any other officers on here but we do not get into the illegal alien arrests on that charge. Heck how would you even know for sure? You never get thier real name or date of birth. While I have run across many that I knew were illegal (heck they will often tell you the truth) what the heck are you going to do with them? I know zero about immigration stuff.

We have busted a few that were attempting to get an Indiana ID using fake document's and names. ICE came and got them. Other than that I have never seen an ICE agent. Most illegals I have run across think immigration issues are a joke...oh wait they are right.

FWIW I have not crossed paths with many illegals the past few years. It used to be a nightly thing but not any more.....at least where I work.

Top Bottom