Is this another attempt at a Big Brother gun grab?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I would say that it is worse than that. This type of device could be used to demote people to second-class citizenship in general with arguments equal (poor) validity available to stop a person from voting, determining that their Fourth Amendment rights need truncated with 'welfare checks' for their own good, denying them their children or grandchildren, or any other infringement that may be deemed appropriate for their real or perceived imperfections by a group of certifiable f*ckups such as those we now have running our government. Oh, did I forget to mention the fluidity in what may be construed as a sufficient imperfection. After all, not making Pollyanna look like a depressed pessimist should stand as proof positive that you are paranoid and delusional.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I like the way they think that a valid diagnosis of a subtle and complex condition like depression can be made with only nine questions. Would one of them be 'Under the current system, do you feel you have enough Liberty?' With no, of course, indicating major depression. (soundtrack in my head is Know Your Rights by The Clash)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm not a tin-foil hat type of guy, but this really could be used to disarm a lot of people. Coupled with the question regarding whether or not you own guns, an doctor that's a member of the Anti-Gun Mafia might find it all too easy to interpret the answers to those 9 questions in any way that they want to justify disarming someone they don't want with guns.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Just another colossal waste of tax payer dollars to justify a predetermined outcome. More money diverted from commerce to the 'education' industry. An industry that has shown it produces less and less with more money spent...while tuition increases because our tax dollars are used to guarantee even more money for the greedy libs.

And this will produce yet another reason to stay away from doctors. It seems like almost everyone is becoming the enemy, all part of the unblinking stare of an overreaching government. The rise of the tyranny of the bureaucracies.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    To the question (which started being asked around 1990) "Do you have guns in your home?", I either answered "NA" or simply left it blank. Funny that it was asked in the questionnaire in IPD's Wellness Program. I was usually filling it out on duty, in uniform! :dunno:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    To the question (which started being asked around 1990) "Do you have guns in your home?", I either answered "NA" or simply left it blank. Funny that it was asked in the questionnaire in IPD's Wellness Program. I was usually filling it out on duty, in uniform! :dunno:

and they took a negative answer...:laugh:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Sounds like a real money maker for somebody even after the 1.8 mil and change. More government bureaucracy, consulting law firms, countless forms that will need processing, and don't forget an appeals process for even more cash.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    After trying to read part of that article I became so depressed and could not continue. Should the Indy Star be banned?

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I wonder what requirement there would be for the doctor to inform the patient that they are taking this "test." I would imagine many people wouldn't understand that they are being tested, or what the consequences could be, without being informed by the doctor.

Top Bottom