• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I recently rescued a homeless quantity of .410 shot shells. I have a single shot 410 shotgun that my father used pre-World War II as his farm varmint dispenser. I’ve never fired it, so maybe the Great Armorer in the Sky is speaking to me here, but I also wonder if there’s a modern .410 shotgun that is interesting.

Any suggestions? I haven’t started googling yet, but is there such a thing as a side-by-side .410?

Oh, I just remembered “the judge” and all its spawn. Is there anything else that seems slightly less ridiculous?

JTKelly

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They must be pretty interesting to a lot of people the way the cost of them started shooting up about 5 years ago.

I got mine from my Dad and another from my uncle and any time I have people over to get out the clays, THESE are the guns EVERYONE wants to use.

Got trap guns, skeet and sporting guns in 12 AND 20 and the people I get coming to shoot or learn will wait in line to shoot the 410s. They are just plain fun to use.

I wouldn't have one of those "Judge" things on my property if it was welded to a door stop.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Saira makes a semi-auto .410 that is loads of fun.
    I bought mine years ago and bought it for a song compared to today.
    I gave $400 for mine brand new.
    They are now going for upwards of $800, buti believe they are still available.
    That .410 Mossberg Shockwave is a lot of fun too.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    oh this brings back a lot of childhood memories. I brought home many rabbits with my single shot break top H&R .410. Later on ended up with a bolt action .410 that is my varmint gun now. I also enjoy my Judge. I like to load 45 LC in every other chamber when firing it. lol

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Didn’t Winchester made their model 94 lever gun in .410 for a brief time? I bet those are fun

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    What about the henry axe???

but before you go falling in love sell the ammo because after it is gone it is hard to find and expensive lol

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    While the only .410 guns I have are a couple of single shots, I think a Henry lever action .410 would be fun to have around. They are a bit pricey, though.

Rebel Jack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 16, 2016
    North Liberty
    I’ve never heard of anyone buying a new .410. Their shotguns are always inherited from fathers, father’s fathers and so on. My own is an Ithaca super single I inherited from my father. It’s fun and incredibly point-able, but nothing to write home about. Snaps right up to the shoulder and hammers whatever I was aiming at. It’s tough for someone like me and with my kind of circumstances, to bother with anything other than 12 gauge though.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    What about the henry axe???

but before you go falling in love sell the ammo because after it is gone it is hard to find and expensive lol
    The axe looks amazingly fun. Wish they would have done it in like 20 gauge. Something easier to find.

Top Bottom