Is there a term in Psychiatry for people who prefer to live their lives in fear?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    All these people I see in public seem determined to prolong this covid carp as long as they can. Why? I still people masked at Meijer, in their cars when they're the sole occupant, and even walking their dogs when no one is near them.

I've read news stories and browsed online forums where people are still masking and isolating like it's airborne leukemia. Not high-risk people, just normal, healthy, younger people.

What is this all about, and is there a term for it that can be found in the DSM? I'm genuinely curious.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Hypochondriasis or hypochondria is a condition in which a person is excessively and unduly worried about having a serious illness. Hypochondria is an old concept whose meaning has repeatedly changed over its lifespan.[1] It has been claimed that this debilitating condition results from an inaccurate perception of the condition of body or mind despite the absence of an actual medical diagnosis.[2] An individual with hypochondriasis is known as a hypochondriac. Hypochondriacs become unduly alarmed about any physical or psychological symptoms they detect, no matter how minor the symptom may be, and are convinced that they have, or are about to be diagnosed with, a serious illness.[3]

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Flame suit on

Why does it matter? I carry a firearm that I’ll hopefully never have to use. I spend lots of money on firearms and ammunition to train to protect myself and family. Am I living in fear? If I’m not mistaken wasnt it a crime to wear a mask while carrying in a bank that is now legal? If my memory is correct then it’s actually helped get rid of at least 1 firearm law.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    All these people I see in public seem determined to prolong this covid carp as long as they can. Why? I still people masked at Meijer, in their cars when they're the sole occupant, and even walking their dogs when no one is near them.

I've read news stories and browsed online forums where people are still masking and isolating like it's airborne leukemia. Not high-risk people, just normal, healthy, younger people.

What is this all about, and is there a term for it that can be found in the DSM? I'm genuinely curious.

I'm pretty sure that those people are referred to as "liberals."

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Flame suit on

Why does it matter? I carry a firearm that I’ll hopefully never have to use. I spend lots of money on firearms and ammunition to train to protect myself and family. Am I living in fear? If I’m not mistaken wasnt it a crime to wear a mask while carrying in a bank that is now legal? If my memory is correct then it’s actually helped get rid of at least 1 firearm law.

I would say because 1, it's been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that masks don't work against airborne viruses and 2, wearing a mask (unless you have a valid health reason to do so) is showing that you were indoctrinated during the great plandemic of 2020. It's one thing to be stupid, it's another to constantly display it in public.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    I have considered wearing one recently because of seasonal allleries. The spring in Indiana is tough for me, rest of the year is no problem. I don't think it would do much.

Don

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I have considered wearing one recently because of seasonal allleries. The spring in Indiana is tough for me, rest of the year is no problem. I don't think it would do much.

Don
    A guy at work tried it, and he said while it might have helped a tiny bit, it wasn’t worth it, he still sneezed all day. I can see it possibly helping while mowing the lawn.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I would say because 1, it's been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that masks don't work against airborne viruses and 2, wearing a mask (unless you have a valid health reason to do so) is showing that you were indoctrinated during the great plandemic of 2020. It's one thing to be stupid, it's another to constantly display it in public.
    How can you say that a mask is proven not to work beyond and shadow of a doubt, but then say “unless you have a valid health reason”? They don’t all work I agree. I personally don’t wear a mask but they aren’t all snake oil. If all of them simply did nothing then why would you use them if you had a valid medical reason?

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Those wearing masks driving alone in their cars or while alone on zoom calls (yes I know) we started call them "Maskabators".
    Even very early on in the scamdemic, when there were still a lot of unknowns, I remember seeing people driving alone in their cars, wearing masks. Even then, I thought it was the absolute dumbest thing I had ever seen.

I think that particular act, wearing a mask alone in your car, has to be a signal of other, deeper mental issues.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    How can you say that a mask is proven not to work beyond and shadow of a doubt, but then say “unless you have a valid health reason”? They don’t all work I agree. I personally don’t wear a mask but they aren’t all snake oil. If all of them simply did nothing then why would you use them if you had a valid medical reason?

Reading comprehension is required. I said it doesn't work for airborne viruses. There are things that it does work for, but airborne viruses are not among those things.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I used to think it was peculiar that so many young people actually thought the human race was in imminent danger of extinction due to man-made environmental catastrophe. Then I saw how easily people were indoctrinated by Covid hysteria.

Covid only had 2 years to f*ck peoples' brains. Young people have been indoctrinated by the "environmental catastrophe" hysteria almost the whole time they've been in school. It's not hard to see how this mental illness becomes mainstream. We probably have at least one in this thread.

Top Bottom