• Total voters

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    You're doing it wrong. TV taught me you just drop them on the ground and move on.
    LOL, I have 2-3 I think they are first gen with that U in the top of the mags metal liner that look like that. Most people say oh send them back and they will send you new one.
    I say, what fun with the fan'bouys would that be.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Obsolete? It's not even that old. I still carry a P7M8, it's even older. Many people I know still carry 1911s. It doesn't matter what you're carrying as long as it is reliable and comfortable for you.
    Geesh Brian, its not a P226, If it really was worthy, it would still be in production.

Oh, are you gonna be in Muncie with and friends and family specials?

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    Going to stir the pot here.

Is the glock 19 obsolete? Back 20 years ago it was probably one of the best pistols.

However for concealed carry there seems to be 1.5 stack guns like the p365xl or hellcat or even a g48 with a shield arms magazine

And for duty use, bigger higher capacity guns exist.

So what is it good for in Anno 2024? A jack of all trades starter pistol for a guy starting out? A detectives gun? Something else I'm not considering
    :popcorn:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Glocks aren't obsolete. They're also not the end all be all of handguns. There are plenty of better picks if you're looking for a gun and plenty of other handguns by other manufacturers that are just as reliable. If Glock is your thing, it's all good, but for the rest of us there are options that are just as good, or better, that aren't Glock.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Not obsolete. G19s are great inexpensive guns which are perfect for keeping in office drawer, garage, truck, UTV, cabin, etc. Just not a carry gun anymore with the P365XL/Macro & Hellcat Pro taking over that position.

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    I think @92FSTech got it right by asking if this is more a question of the form factor falling out of favor.

I see a lot of guns get sold and I’d say that the stack and a half type pistols have cut into the double stack compact market…..

But not enough to make compact 4 inch barrel double stack guns go away. Those stack and a half sub compacts are a good addition to our choices and if anything have hurt the sub compact double stack (g26 type) market the more.

The 19 lives on, it’s a really perfect balance of size and shootability.

Pics to keep the thread interesting
    IMG_5053.jpeg
    Strike 19 is the same weight as 365XL. Same height with 15 round mags too.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    Why doesnt glock pump out some new mags like sigs design that fits the 19 frame still. Get like 5-6 more rounds, becomes more relevant again. Just seems like the glock 19 being bigger than a sig 365, it should be able to hold 20+ rounds. Maybe im not seeing something
    I think you are spot on with this. The shield mags for the 43x and 48 make a huge difference. I dont know why they couldnt do this with the fullsize pistols...

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    I have nephew that is an FBI agent. His sidearm is a G19.
    I assume it is issued to him
    He carry’s a 43X on the weekends

Scott58

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    NW indiana
    I may be giving it to much credit, but it can probably sit comfortably between the 1911 and .357 magnum Revolver in any good handgun collection.

Top Bottom