• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    They've been amongst "The hotness" for much of the last 10 years or so...

But are they still?

Reason for asking: Thinking about selling mine (large pistol config); but don't want to take a bath on it ya know?

Mods: NO - this isn't a veiled WTS post. Fishing post? Maybe...

What say you? Is the Scorpion still relevant in the PCC game with the plethora of others that are out there now?

Squirt239

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    They've been amongst "The hotness" for much of the last 10 years or so...

But are they still?

Reason for asking: Thinking about selling mine (large pistol config); but don't want to take a bath on it ya know?

Mods: NO - this isn't a veiled WTS post. Fishing post? Maybe...

What say you? Is the Scorpion still relevant in the PCC game with the plethora of others that are out there now?
    I just worked on a 9mm SBR AR9 with the PW9 upper. It was pretty slick! Folding stock, no buffer, and accepted Glock mags.

I've had my hands on the Scorpion, and I like the AR9 better. Just my double pennies!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I don't think the scorpion is going to be stop being produced and they've made enough of them that they made a newer generation of them so I take that to mean they're selling a lot of them and it's a very relevant gun.

I recently picked up a Ruger PC 9mm backpacker model because of the size and utility of it. My Ruger is good for what it's meant for, but I don't suspect 9mm pistol/rifles to ever take over the carbine market.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Unfortunately you will probably take a bath on a scorpion. Still a neat gun and magazines are pretty cheap and easy to find. So useful.

I think outside of collectibles, used guns in general are pretty soft right now. 2012 gun prices were up. Then they cooled and people were ticked their NIB blaster was worth less then they paid. Then COVID! Now prices are cooling again. Yes new gun prices are up slightly because of inflation, but supply of used guns is nearly limitless.

Guns like Glocks, ARs and other cool modern things are really not a great investment.

MilSurps seem to go up in value. Young buyers with a little jingle in their pockets like old war horses. I blame it on video games. But maybe it’s because they are cool and still relatively affordable in some cases.

Collectibles are hot. Just remember that not all Colts and Winchesters are worth a premium because. Like beanie babies and baseball cards its a finicky market I don’t understand personally.

Last edited:

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Being someone who likes the CZ Scorpion pistol, and no reference to yours specifically.

With the price they fetch (new), then the costs of the upgrades that I would want to add on (brace, pistol grip and RS sefety delete), I think there's more cost effective options (for me).

If I were to find one already set up at a fair price, then that changes my opinion.

They are a solid, dependable player in the PCC market with a respectable name, rock solid mags and offer some decent aftermarket accessories..................so yes, still desirable.

And if you decide to sell, it only has to be desirable by one person, the buyer.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I think….. if they took _________ mags (fill with anything besides a proprietary mag) they would do better and keep up with the other pcc’s

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    How practical is it to you or is it just a once in a while range toy???

That said While you are talking Pistol configuration I like the operating system on the CZ so I’ll just say if I was looking at a PCC the CZ Scorpion would Bbw up there on my list. As someone that used an MP5 for about 15 years it’s sort of like an HK MP5:94 without the $$ and they run pretty darn nice!

INP8riot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    West Central
    I think it's still a solid gun with great aftermarket options. Yes, proprietary mags, but they aren't expensive. Factory, ETS, Magpul (stick and 60 round drum!). That is my wife's go to. Easy operation, less recoil and with a 60 round drum filled with Federal HST, it will do its job.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Unless something gets rare and unavailable on the open market, or you have a VERY popular commodity that someone wants without a paper trail, you are going to take a bath.

Just like a car. You never can sell a used car for a new car price. (recent market craziness not included)

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I’ve been on the lookout for a PDW-style piece for a while now, and on my budget, it comes down to a Scorpion or an AR9 configuration. Ultimately, I’d like to see a mashup of both of them together, with AR controls and Scorpion mags and folding stock. And I know it exists in the Stribog, but they are heavy for what they are and reliability doesn’t pass muster with me. I’d be interested in a good Scorpion…

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    There is absolutely no premium of any kind on used Scorpions. They are abundant on the new market and cheaper than ever. One of the reasons I haven't sold mine.

The out of battery detonation issue and the pistol brace situation have also hammered demand. I don't trust it enough to SBR and can't shoot it enjoyably without the brace, so it just sits.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    There are Pistol Caliber Carbines, and there are semi auto Sub Guns.

Maybe only to me, but there is a distinct difference.

In the PCC category you have various Kel-Tec, HiPoint, Marlin, Ruger, and anybody that makes lever guns.

In the sub gun category, we’ve got HK, Uzi, Colt, Kriss, B&T, Sig, CZ, etc, etc.

Sub guns are cool, and real cool, rarely goes out of style.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    There are Pistol Caliber Carbines, and there are semi auto Sub Guns.

Maybe only to me, but there is a distinct difference.

In the PCC category you have various Kel-Tec, HiPoint, Marlin, Ruger, and anybody that makes lever guns.

In the sub gun category, we’ve got HK, Uzi, Colt, Kriss, B&T, Sig, CZ, etc, etc.

Sub guns are cool, and real cool, rarely goes out of style.
    The king of the subguns is the MP5SD, and I’m tired of pretending it’s not.

But no, seriously, :drool:

Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana
    I have really enjoyed my scorpion. I did put not a bunch but enough after market parts that I know I would take a bath on it but I don't care about that.

I liked it so much I SBR'd it and love it even more now. more fun with the can on it.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    To the original question, the scorpion is still hotness. It’s a subgun, it’s probably the least expensive subgun, and it has the least expensive mags of any of the newer subguns.

What’s not to love? Hang on to it.

Top Bottom