• d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Silver spot currently at 23.03. That comes out to 25.90 per ounce so $2.87 over spot per ounce. I'd say not horrible. It seems the days of .99 over spot per ounce are long gone

Reactions: Leo

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Are we sure?

There's sales an such but in this link you provided its 10oz bars. Not everyone wants that. Premiums tend to be higher for the lesser amounts (1oz rounds or bars)
    Looks like 1oz rounds or bars are gonna be over a minimum of $2 above spot on monuments website.

All depends on what type of quantity ( 1oz, 5oz,10oz, etc.) Coins or bars you wanna hold. If you're good with having 10oz, kilo, or 100oz bars then it will most always be cheaper

Reactions: Mij

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    There's sales an such but in this link you provided its 10oz bars. Not everyone wants that. Premiums tend to be higher for the lesser amounts (1oz rounds or bars)
    Looks like 1oz rounds or bars are gonna be over a minimum of $2 above spot on monuments website.

All depends on what type of quantity ( 1oz, 5oz,10oz, etc.) Coins or bars you wanna hold. If you're good with having 10oz, kilo, or 100oz bars then it will most always be cheaper
    Yeah, it's not an everyday occurrence but I'm seeing 99cent premiums more often. I saw some 50ish cent premiums on some kilo or 100oz bars recently. Maybe stackers are running out of money and demand is down.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

You're right about the sales. I like 10 oz. bars just because they're more compact for storage, but sometimes the rounds are actually cheaper. I mostly buy non-sovereigns but sometimes the sovereigns make more sense, especially if they're close to the price of "generic" rounds.

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    LaPaz Junction
    While scrolling Morgan dollars I found out that Amazon sells them along with REPLICA Morgans and Peace dollars for $3.99 each. It said no prime delivery so I ordered one of each to study weight. When I checked on my order, it said it would be the middle of March to April 1. Shipped by YanWen. YEP, slow boat from China. I'll post pictures when they arrive. Good for reference.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Going thru the safe this morning and found receipts for silver in it from early 90's 4 dollars a ounce, i miss those days. I never sold any when it 40 plus a few years ago either, it is considered investment for hard times or future sales maybe. I think there will be a dip shortly as to how much no idea but hope it is huge and i will get more then.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I am planning on selling a good chunk of silver once spot comes up some. Mainly want to eliminate the last of my mortgage and redistribute some. In looking up current prices on some of the less common stuff I will sell I was pleasantly surprised. A while back when premiums were high i bought some tubes of British 2oz sovereign coins. I think I paid $45-$47 each. Was looking at Provident for buy back prices and, while they just had "call us" posted for these, they had them listed for $75.00 to $140.00 per coin. I never tried to go the numismatic route but it found me apparently.

I will post details on the transaction with Provident if it goes through. I figure some folks might be interested in the process and outcome.

ETA: I called Provident. Told them I had six different items (tubes of 1 & 2 oz coins, some 5oz & 10oz coins) and they said to email a list to them. That was done an hour or so ago. I received an auto reply which said I should have a quote to purchase later today.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom