• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    They're hit or miss. Even down to the specific person you deal with in a larger store with lots of employees. I don't buy a lot of coins, but I do get a few just to look at. Like I bought silver pesos at The Coin Shop in Bloomington just because they were inexpensive and unique.

The one I went to today had 10oz bars at $277 cash out the door. Sure, the online retailers are slightly below that and have free shipping, but cash and carry sometimes beats having to deal with shipping and payment hassles.

I drive to one in North Vernon sometimes just because I like the guy. And he does have some bargains now & then. Had several bank bags of Franklin halves for $10.50 back when all the major retailers were asking $15 for instance.
    I need to check some out for sure.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    I still haven't been to a shop since I started buying silver (never had a reason to). There's one out in Greenfield that Tyler the Piker recommended, and there's also a gold and silver place near me. I've gone there before because they do jewelry repair, but I've never checked them out for gold or silver.

Check out Lost Dutchman Coins in Lawrence. I used to buy biweekly from then when I worked for LPD. Always treated me right.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just picked up one of these from Bullion Exchanges just because I thought it looked cool. Came out to about 26.42/oz. so not out of line. ($93.25 for 100 gm)

s-l1600.jpg

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Just picked up one of these from Bullion Exchanges just because I thought it looked cool. Came out to about 26.42/oz. so not out of line. ($93.25 for 100 gm)
    I'm a little confused. $93.25 for 100 gr is $932.50 per kilogram. At 32.15 troy oz to the kilo isn't that $29.00/troy oz?

Top Bottom