Is it too soon for a Friday Night Steel thread?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I shot a little better than last time, but if I ever really need to shoot weak hand unsupported I'd probably be better off just throwing my pistol at them. Something else to work on, I suppose.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    My first FNS, and it was great !!!!! I had on my INGO hat and shirt, heard some familiar names, but didn't really "meet" anyone.... I couldn't see my front sight... first time shooting under the lights... will wait for warmer weather, before coming back... will try to go to ACC next Sat... maybe have better luck... no firearm mal... S&W Mod., 19... some ammo mal.... my reloads, and they are old... cleaned and lubed, night before...

Last edited:

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Fun as always. I had to bail early due to Gun Opener. In hindsight my time may have been better spent @ BW3's instead .... didn't see a thing Opening Day.

glock34

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Fishers
    Last night I could have really used a scoring method of keeping the best time and throwing out the other two per stage. Two stages I shot one round in 5-7 sec and the other two in 15-17 seconds. just not very consistent. Still had a great time. Thanks to all the ROs.

glock34

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Fishers
    good poo poo ??

I shot like poo poo. Not sure what the deal was other than me be a retard and NOT looking as Mr FrontSight

You shot like poo poo and came in second in single stack missing 1st by .47 seconds. I commend you on setting your goals high.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I have a video I promised to post. It's one of our favorite new mods, with one very nice pistol!
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFclWct6t28]YouTube - Que with his new Joe Bell 1911[/ame]

Jimbovia

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Plainfield
    Slow1911,

The penalities at FNS are 10 seconds per infraction not 3 seconds.... Don't ask me how I know :rolleyes:

======================================
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss

You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.

Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...

Perfection: is not a goal-- it's an demanded expectation.

The sheet I marked for BWFRAME said 3 second penalty per... He shot 3 targets using both hands instead of strong hand. And...now that I think about it, they were double taps, so that would have been 3 second x 6 shots. OUCH!!!!!!!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I got to see BWFrame open my eyes to an entirely new class of competition, lever action pistols. I can see why it isn't so popular though, having to cycle the action manually after every shot looks like it would get old.

My tiny gun really bugs the crap out of people. :dunno:
    I tweeked on it a little more. Takin' it over to Coach's tomorrow. :):

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    My tiny gun really bugs the crap out of people. :dunno:
    I tweeked on it a little more. Takin' it over to Coach's tomorrow. :):

Actually I didn't mean to insinuate or even include an annoyance factor into the humor here. With frequent malfunctions you still executed the stages faster than I did and all kidding aside I got to watch a seasoned vet. handle and overcome malfunctions. You may have been frustrated but I was pretty into watching how you work.:yesway: Thanks for being RO by the way. You run a tight ship.

Top Bottom