• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    I was updating my records you know Serial #s and what not and everytime I wrote in the books I also write down the price paid. Im 23 and I started buying guns on my 18th birthday. I added up the total spent on guns I currently have and I have about $9500 in guns. I sat back and said wow do I need to adjust my priorities (Maybe my Girlfriend is brainwashing me). I could have had a nicer truck or a down payment on a house. It could be worse I could be like many my age and spend it at strip joints or on drugs. I used to spend more on my project trucks and I like them but just not as much as I do Guns. Project Vehicles are a bit more of a Money pit than guns I think. Regardless I want to get a Deuce and a half or a 5 ton and bob it, I havnt decided which one I want. I guess if you look at it yearly I only invested about 2k in guns that makes it seem a little better. Thanks INGO that was my 3am personal reflection lol

__Doc_

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Henry Co
    Don't adjust shit bro. You keep at it. I started when I was 8yo (24 now) and Ive set a good pace. for every 5 weapons I own Ive paid for 1. Friends and family love to give me shit for some reason. I have a lot of money in weapons, but not money invested in weapons. You should probably spend more on the gf though, you get 15-20k in weapons and girls tend to get mad they dont have jewelery.
    " you can buy a 1500$ rifle, but I cant have a 300$ ring? "
    " Isn't that the exact same rifle as the one you just bought? " my reply, " No, its a year newer " <- that is when you have a problem

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Don't let anybody tell you what to do with your own money as long as you've taken care of all other financial obligations.

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    i wouldnt worry about it....when i was your age i was really into show trucks and motorcycles. At 22 yrs old i had a $35k show bike and a $30k show truck (thats the amount i had in each and i didnt owe a dime on them) and a 2 yr old daily driver. If you can afford it then good for you enjoy it while you can because when you get married and have kids it all goes away real fast.

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    i wouldnt worry about it....when i was your age i was really into show trucks and motorcycles. At 22 yrs old i had a $35k show bike and a $30k show truck (thats the amount i had in each and i didnt owe a dime on them) and a 2 yr old daily driver. If you can afford it then good for you enjoy it while you can because when you get married and have kids it all goes away real fast.

I dont want kids lol. Still skeptical on the whole marriage thing too. Every woman Ive ever dated was crazy. This one hasnt yet but Im sure itl happen sooner or later. I pretty well accepted I do better alone, but for some reason I keep them around.

sumphead

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Coal Creek, IN
    My wife calls them my hobbies. Guitars, weapons, etc. I would never consider myself a hoarder, but I have a few of each (she might disagree). It never really is a point of contention, she just reminds me how much I am like my father. Unless other things are getting neglected such as bills, maintenance on home/car, etc. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Weapons are a decent investment, at least holding value. And having a passion for something, IMHO, is good for you.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    What is your debt situation, OP?

-J-

This is the relevant question. After answering that, trucks < guns < house, although your first gun for protection ought to come before your first house.

Another question is what do you have for your $9500? If you said you got a "killer deal" on a gold plated Hi-Point and a used Glock, I'd say you aren't in that good a shape.

Of course, these are just my opinions.

Top Bottom