FREE Housing,
    FREE Food,
    FREE Gas,
    FREE Cars,
    FREE Money,
    FREE Sex,

Just Feel FREE to Add anything that you'd like to add after

FREE,

and Tax the rest of us to pay for your FREE demands and Please Keep WORK out of this Discussion :rolleyes:

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    I think its on the same level as the fire department/police. However its a local thing not a Federal. Local gov can and in some cases DOES provide free heath care for it's citizenry. Paid for by local taxes. However from that point it is susceptible to all the problems that other public services go through.

SO do i think the Feds should get involved in heath care. Nope.

However does that mean all gov't health care is bad? Nope.

It just needs to stay where it belongs, State and local governments.

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    Healthcare is not a right, nor should it be provided by any government, national or local.

I'd say the 10th amendment says otherwise. If i state wishes to provide a service not outlined in the US Constitution they have all the rights in the world to.

Ex: Maryland. Its not the best system. Its not even a good system honestly. However the elected representatives of the people of Maryland had all the right in the world to put it in place for its citizens.

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    Government has no business in Healthcare.

It can't run the VA Hospitals,
    It can't run the schools,
    It can't protect our borders,
    It can't function well at anything in comparison to the private sector.

More Government means more taxes.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I'd say the 10th amendment says otherwise. If i state wishes to provide a service not outlined in the US Constitution they have all the rights in the world to.

Ex: Maryland. Its not the best system. Its not even a good system honestly. However the elected representatives of the people of Maryland had all the right in the world to put it in place for its citizens.

No. The elected representatives of the people of Maryland (and actually, I think you mean Massachusetts) had the power to put it in place. Government has no rights at all.

And healthcare is as much a right as that of the provider to be paid for providing it.

Blessings,
    Bill

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    No. The elected representatives of the people of Maryland (and actually, I think you mean Massachusetts) had the power to put it in place. Government has no rights at all.

And healthcare is as much a right as that of the provider to be paid for providing it.

Blessings,
    Bill

Good call, Massachusetts. My Bad.

I think we are gonna just disagree on this one. Really I'm not a big fan of States running it either. However I think they do have the right to do it if they want to. But if they tried it here in Indiana I would be on the street marching against it.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    Just because a state CAN force it's citizens, doesn't mean it SHOULD and certainly doesn't make it a right. The 10th mentions powers, not rights. All men are endowed with certain inalienable rights (such as life, liberty, pursuit of happiness) which are not defined absolutely. Governments are instituted to secure these rights and derive their powers from the consent of the governed. Just because the majority give a state the power to tax and dictate healthcare doesn't give them the right to do so.

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    Just because a state CAN force it's citizens, doesn't mean it SHOULD and certainly doesn't make it a right. The 10th mentions powers, not rights. All men are endowed with certain inalienable rights (such as life, liberty, pursuit of happiness) which are not defined absolutely. Governments are instituted to secure these rights and derive their powers from the consent of the governed. Just because the majority give a state the power to tax and dictate healthcare doesn't give them the right to do so.

Nor do you have the RIGHT to have a bunch of town employee's come put out your house if it catches on fire. Nor do we have the RIGHT to check out books for free at a local library. They are services by everyone getting together it lowers the price for all.

Can you immagine how expensive it would be if you had to PAY for fire calls. Or how much ten thousand books costs. Everyone in a local community has gotten together to provide a service for their town.

Why can't a town build a clinic or trauma center for its citizens if they want?

bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    Having paid significant $$$ in Medicare tax, I think healthcare is my right under circumstance.

General health insurance is not!

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Does everyone understand that there is a difference in Healthcare and Health Insurance. I don't believe anyone should be denied healthcare at a prevention, emergent or chronic level. However, they don't have the right to get it for free!!!

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    Nor do you have the RIGHT to have a bunch of town employee's come put out your house if it catches on fire. Nor do we have the RIGHT to check out books for free at a local library. They are services by everyone getting together it lowers the price for all.

Can you immagine how expensive it would be if you had to PAY for fire calls. Or how much ten thousand books costs. Everyone in a local community has gotten together to provide a service for their town.

Again, they have the power,but they don't have the right. Also, I don't have a choice to NOT pay for the library or the fire service (in theory I do, but not in practice as they will either jail me or kill me if I don't pay my taxes).

Can I imagine how expensive it would be? Actually, I can and it would more than likely be a hell of a lot less than you pay now.

The services you mention can be provided exactly as they are now without the interference of government. Probably with better service and definitely at a lower rate.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    Does everyone understand that there is a difference in Healthcare and Health Insurance. I don't believe anyone should be denied healthcare at a prevention, emergent or chronic level. However, they don't have the right to get it for free!!!
    While I agree with you, from a moral point of view, that it would be wrong to refuse healthcare to someone who needed it. What right do I have to tell that doctor, nurse, etc. to treat you? What about if transportation was deemed a right and you were a mechanic?

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA

Town employees, FREE Fire Protection - Do you live in LaLa Land. We have an all volunteer Fire Department, paid for by donation, fund raisers and volunteer sweat & blood. When I lived in the big city, those town employees were paid for by my property tax, federal, state, local and township taxes. NOTHING in life is for FREE, Someone is Paying :xmad:

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    While I agree with you, from a moral point of view, that it would be wrong to refuse healthcare to someone who needed it. What right do I have to tell that doctor, nurse, etc. to treat you? What about if transportation was deemed a right and you were a mechanic?

Actually its posted in every E.R. You have the right for medical treatment and may not be denied for any circumstance........

Top Bottom