• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    A local dealer called me and said he would be getting a Mossberg SPX in wed. and asked if I wanted it. Said I was looking at $629 plus tax, is that to much to pay for this gun or ok? I am thinking Dick's sells them for $549 but I don't know of any of them that have them in stock, I just don't want to get rung, thanks!

blainepoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 25, 2008
    Hamiltonian
    I got mine for just under $600 OTD from dick's. This was 6mos-yr ago. I looked for one at the 1500 before I went to dick's but they didn't have any. I did have to go to several Dick's before I finally found one in Avon. I would recommend you call the dick's stores in your area to check on availibility and price. Also, if you sign up for the loyalty card when you check out (assuming you don't have one already), you're probably looking at like a $25 gift card down the line.

I don't know your relation with the dealer, but you may see if he can cut you a better deal or throw in some accessories/ammo/etc to balance out the cost difference.

The hard part after you get the gun is not spending more money on tacticool stuff! :@ya:

Good luck,
    ~Poe

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I picked one up at Dick's and shot the heck out of it at the range one day so I would be satisfied that it was reliable. It took the target apart and is fun to blast away with. Now it sits in my bedroom. So far, it has been the only firearm I have paid full retail for. I kind of regret that but I am not dissatisfied. I think I agree with U.S. Patriot and tyler34 though.

waloidian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Bloomingtonian
    That is a fun gun to shoot, i had one for all of 2 weeks before realizing it was too much for HD, and I wanted the racking action of the first load (keep empty chamber). I got it for $529 at dicks, and shouldnt be more than $599 at most places...but with the gougers these days, you never know

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    It's main purpose will be home defense, I don't need\want a pump gun, as I don't give a warning rack of the slide, and I keep everything +1, it will also be used for lots of fun and maybe a couple tactical shotgun classes. I use my M&P .40 for most things but it is will be nice having a big gun with 8 fast shots to back it up if needed.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I got it picked up, there are some marks on it from shipping and such, not to big of a deal, the gun is SUPER dirty, it will get a good field strip\cleaning before its first range visit. The foregrip (place you grab with left hand) has a little slop in it, I don't like that, I have heard others complain about the same thing, I will have to see how to get that tighted up, other then that everyone at the dealer loved playing with it! Dealer sold it to me for $619 + tax = $663.35

blainepoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 25, 2008
    Hamiltonian
    Mine tightened up a little bit after disassembly/reassembly/cleaning (not in that order). Wear marks are to be expected on the type of finish. Take note when sighting it in that the front sight post is adjustable.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I read that the gun is a little loose from the factory, after a good cleaning I will retighten everything, even the rear sight is loose, lol

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    ...throw in some accessories/ammo/etc to balance out the cost difference.

Always used to irritate me when I worked at a gun shop the folks who think nothing of asking for a 'free' box of ammo. The dealer has to pay for the ammo and accessories, they don't fall off the back of the truck...:rolleyes:

I'm not saying not to haggle over price, but geez, don't act like a friggin' Democrat and expect 'free' stuff from your dealer.

blainepoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 25, 2008
    Hamiltonian
    Always used to irritate me when I worked at a gun shop the folks who think nothing of asking for a 'free' box of ammo. The dealer has to pay for the ammo and accessories, they don't fall off the back of the truck...:rolleyes:

I'm not saying not to haggle over price, but geez, don't act like a friggin' Democrat and expect 'free' stuff from your dealer.

When the dealer is offering the gun at a $60-80 premium over the big box stores it ought to be the least he can do! In today's market the dealer ought to be fighting to keep your business! What's the difference between haggling over the price or asking for ammo? If the dealer throws in the ammo alteast he's not lowering his cash intake on the deal and he's moving some inventory. Cash discount vs free box of ammo looks the same in the books at the end of the day....

~Poe

shadow6492

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Garrett/Auburn IN
    It's main purpose will be home defense, I don't needwant a pump gun, as I don't give a warning rack of the slide, and I keep everything +1, it will also be used for lots of fun and maybe a couple tactical shotgun classes. I use my M&P .40 for most things but it is will be nice having a big gun with 8 fast shots to back it up if needed.

So did you ever get your mp with night sights?

Top Bottom