Is 4 years in fed prison stiff enough sentence for Fred Ludington?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Too stiff? Yes, in my opinion. We are a prison-happy society. I read an article recently that the U.S. locks up a greater percentage of our citizens than any other developed country.

I am fine with locking up people when necessary for the public's protection (e.g., battery, murder, molestation, rape, theft, burglary, etc.) In this case, I'm okay with seizing his assets, seizing his inventory, yanking his firearms license, taking his right to vote, and any other host of things you can imagine. Accounts make it sound like he screwed up and I have no reason to doubt that. I just don't want my tax dollars to pay for his room and board for the next four years.

I think it is a sad statement in our society that we are willing to cut funds for services to our citizens but we sure don't mind spending money to build new prisons.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Criminal law: A body of rules and statutes that defines conduct prohibited by the government because it threatens and harms public safety and welfare and that establishes punishment to be imposed for the commission of such acts.

What if he sold a gun to some psycho or to one of the described persons above. What then? More bad publicity for us gun owners. He did wrong and should pay for it.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I've been in there dozens of times over the years. He did have a great inventory, but his attitude and attempts to screw me over the years formed my policy of never buying a gun from Fred unless I WAS SCREWING HIM. This did limit my purchases, since he was a cagey old fart, but it worked for me.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I was only in there once and was totally amazed at how much stuff he had crammed EVERYWHERE! I'd never seen guns hanging from the ceiling by strings before, or stacked one on top another in the display cases or long guns leaning against the walls 3-4 deep! It was crazy in there. There were several people in their buying things and many more came and went while I poked around. I didn't buy anything and don't remember much about prices but I do remember that he had some guns that were very difficult to get at that time. Wonder where all that stuff will end up?

jamstutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    Berne
    I was only in there once and was totally amazed at how much stuff he had crammed EVERYWHERE! I'd never seen guns hanging from the ceiling by strings before, or stacked one on top another in the display cases or long guns leaning against the walls 3-4 deep! It was crazy in there. There were several people in their buying things and many more came and went while I poked around. I didn't buy anything and don't remember much about prices but I do remember that he had some guns that were very difficult to get at that time. Wonder where all that stuff will end up?

This is the BATFE we're talking about--obviously after the case officers have taken all of the inventory they want and they've gotten goodies for all of their buddies, the rest will all go to drug cartels in Mexico and street gangs in Chicago so they can say when they are used in crimes and some are recovered that they need to shut down the sources of these "crime guns" in Indiana... :xmad:

Who was it that said, "We put our petty criminals in prison, and put our major criminals in office?"

Bert

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Shelbyville
    Criminal law: A body of rules and statutes that defines conduct prohibited by the government because it threatens and harms public safety and welfare and that establishes punishment to be imposed for the commission of such acts.

What if he sold a gun to some psycho or to one of the described persons above. What then? More bad publicity for us gun owners. He did wrong and should pay for it.
    so what your really saying is that he should have to work for our government as punishment . they sell to whom ever pleases themselves . there is no punishment for them .

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    If you had such an issue with him---WHY DID YOU GO BACK????????

"Great Prices"-----Items IN STOCK,that you had to wait weeks for in other shops....
    I found him well versed on most firearms

my 0.02

bthomas

Marksman
    Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 28, 2012
    Winchester
    a lot of criminals would agree with you. You dont want a background check, no problem. No citizenship in the USA, no problem. Im sure drug cartels have great prices too.

Top Bottom