Is 4 years in fed prison stiff enough sentence for Fred Ludington?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bthomas

Marksman
    Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 28, 2012
    Winchester
    I think not, all the straw hat purchases is kinda scary. Over $4000 in sales to a known felon. and why would any dealer have a guns marked as sold in the books and still have them in inventory ( maybe to launder money)? If your not familiar with the story. He was a gun store owner and the ATF seized over 4000 guns and who knows how many rounds of ammo. Maybe if he wasn't such an a$$ hole, he wouldn't have needed to make illegal sales.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    "Let him among you who is without sin ..."

"... cast the first stone." Eh? Let's all talk about something where we all know all the facts, like Zimmerman and Trayvon, alright?

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    It takes an ******* to call someone you don't know, an *******. IMHO.

Oh, yeah, them there straw-hat buys will get every-one in trouble.
    I think not, all the straw hat purchases is kinda scary. Over $4000 in sales to a known felon. and why would any dealer have a guns marked as sold in the books and still have them in inventory ( maybe to launder money)? If your not familiar with the story. He was a gun store owner and the ATF seized over 4000 guns and who knows how many rounds of ammo. Maybe if he wasn't such an a$$ hole, he wouldn't have needed to make illegal sales.

bthomas

Marksman
    Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 28, 2012
    Winchester
    Did I know him? No. Have I been in his shop then he roll his eyes and sigh when I ask a question? Yes on more than one occasion. I dont know about you but to me that would qualify you as a the a-- hole. I would say at least 75% of people that have met him would say the same.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I think they are called "straw man" purchases. Some folks just have to dance around the gun laws or out-and-out knowingly violate them. They really don't deserve their freedom IMHO. I don't want guns in the hands of prohibited persons. Not knowing all the details, at his age, 4 years is probably an appropriate sentence. He probably won't be dealing firearms anymore and that is a relief.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Wait, is this right? The guy get audits and has a huge number of "mistakes", and THEN makes bad sales? I would think if you've just got bad audit and painted a big bullseye on yourself you'd know better than allow straw purchases. Serious lack of common sense and regard for the law.

This guy makes us all look bad.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I read that you have to serve 85% of fed time

This ^^^ is a true statement. a person serving Federal sentence gets somewhere around 53 ish days a year good time earned but if released say 6 months early they would have the remainder under court supervision aka probation!

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    It's not only the actual jail time it's also the loss of his business, inventory, cash and being convicted of a felony. No more guns EVER! No right to vote. Where is a convicted 65yo felon going to start a new career? I'm not defending him or his actions by any means, but I also don't like to kick a dog when he's down. His life is pretty much ruined by this. :twocents:

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Yeah, but ....

... if you were in his shop one day and he "rolled his eyes at you" SURELY that would be condemning enough!! I mean, he COULDN'T have heard THAT many dumb-a$$ question in that day. Throw away the key!! EBG
    It's not only the actual jail time it's also the loss of his business, inventory, cash and being convicted of a felony. No more guns EVER! No right to vote. Where is a convicted 65yo felon going to start a new career? I'm not defending him or his actions by any means, but I also don't like to kick a dog when he's down. His life is pretty much ruined by this. :twocents:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    For some, age brings wisdom. Others learn nothing over the years. He won't be getting any sympathy from me.

Top Bottom