• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    I can't find the more common calibers in stores, let alone some a tad more "exotic."

I find both chamberings interesting, but I can't justify more ammo searches.

If you own them; enjoy!

MrHank

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Westfield, IN
    I have a G32 that I use for my primary carry weapon. I also have a G29 that I love to shoot. I do all my own reloading, so both of them can get fed on a regular basis.

PwrCruz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Westside Indy
    Have a Colt Delta Elite and getting ready to pick up a Glock 20 again 10mm is by far my favorite round to shoot and there is nothing like good ol Blue Dot muzzle blast.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    There is quite a few P.D's that have switched to the 357 Sig and when the officers had to put someone down the reports were that the suspect went immediately down with only one round fired! That's like the old .357 MAG days isn't!:yesway: Anytime you are pushing a 125 grain JHP at near or over 1400 fps it has that effect! .357 SIG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The only problem with the 125gr load is when you are shooting into a real meaty/big person. I remember seeing the training video of a big fat perp being shot six times with the wheelgun from a trooper - only to be killed by a lucky shot via a .22 :xmad:

Most of the time however, the 125 is a dandy of a round! Other times, the 158 would have been better to get through into the vitals on a bigger guy.

Last edited:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    The OP asked if 357 SIG and 10 mm are popular. I'd have to say, objectively, not very.

Yes there are people who like them and shoot them, and have posted their satisfaction/happiness with these chamberings here, but objectively, they're not all that popular.

I did an analysis for myself (just for fun) some time ago (4-9 yrs ago maybe) based on Internet Page views, sales of caliber-specific reloading equipment (brass & dies), and an analysis of spent brass at a range.

Then, I averaged the numbers and came up with the following. I'm not saying this is set in stone. This just happens to be what the data I collected showed at the time. It's interesting food for thought though.

1. 45 ACP
    2. 9mm (the top 2 were VERY close)
    3. 357 mag
    4. 40 S&W (getting more popular all the time and since I did this a couple of years ago, I’d guess it’s probably #3 now, as shown below)
    5. .44 mag
    6. 38 spl
    7. 454 Casull
    8. 380 ACP (this one has spiked recently)
    9. 45 LC
    10. 38 Super
    11. 357 SIG

There was also survey here in INGO some months ago that yielded the following ranking (at 271 respondents):

1. 45 acp
    2. 9 mm
    3. 40 S&W
    4. 380 ACP
    5. 357 mag
    6. 38 spl
    7. Other
    8. 10 mm
    9. 357 SIG
    10. 44 Spl

If someone asked me what the top 6 pistol cartridges are currently, I'd say 45 acp, 9mm, 40 S&W, .380 acp, 357mag/38 spl (not sure of the order of the last 2). FWIW, the numbers drop off significantly after the top 3, and anything lower than the top 6 is "in the weeds" statistically speaking.

So, there ya go.

Last edited:

SIGmund

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    I have a Glock 31 in .357 SIG. I didn't have much trouble finding ammo until now. I can't even get it from my usual online location. *Sadness*

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    I have a G32 and it's nice. Would rather have a 19 as I'd get more use out of it.

Shootr- what's with the OUT posts over and over?

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Oh really? When was this? I thought I just saw him post a day or two ago, maybe over the weekend...

So what's his new name??? ;)

Top Bottom