Is 2022 Elections going to be a Red Tidal Wave?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Oh Jason, please STFU. . . I really like you.

"Actor Jason Bateman told President Joe Biden to consider using the national emergency alert system to urge Americans to vote because democracy was under threat by Republican candidates".

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

"Actor Jason Bateman told President Joe Biden to consider using the national emergency alert system to urge Americans to vote because democracy was under threat by Republican candidates".

That would definitely be abuse of power.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012

Well at least his podcast is appropriately named.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne

****, I hate it when this kind of thing happens. I liked Bateman, but now he'll always have this idiotic taint associated with him in my mind. Someday he'll be on a show that looks interesting to me, and even though I may forget the specifics, I'll have this negative feeling associated with him in the back of my mind. I'll then look this up, and most likely skip watching the show. Dick.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013

Living in PA now, I am not terribly surprised at this. The money being spent on advertising is VERY one-sided and the attack ads are vicious. There is even one that accuses Dr. Oz of running a medical research lab that kills puppies. Considering he was a heart surgeon it doesn't seem too likely that he spent his time killing puppies.

The endless ads out here are a great example of how bad things are, I couldn't count how many ads I have seen and yet if the only thing I knew was what I see in them I wouldn't be able to tell you anything at all factual about either candidate's position on anything. It's nothing but silly attacks about how rotten and evil the other side is and how my side genuinely cares about you without any specific policy information

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    What bars are having election watch parties? Are any of y'all having one?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    It's going to be interesting to see what happens if there is a red tsunami. In 2016 it was a man, Trump, and a message, American centered populism. The dc curia, big tech, foreigners and the media had a focal point, Trump, that they concentrated on for the next 4 years, attacking the man rather than the message. With no single point of focus this time if there is a big populist victory they will be forced to attack the message, the divisive rhetoric and much else will be white hot for the next two years.

dc delenda est!

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    It's going to be interesting to see what happens if there is a red tsunami. In 2016 it was a man, Trump, and a message, American centered populism. The dc curia, big tech, foreigners and the media had a focal point, Trump, that they concentrated on for the next 4 years, attacking the man rather than the message. With no single point of focus this time if there is a big populist victory they will be forced to attack the message, the divisive rhetoric and much else will be white hot for the next two years.

dc delenda est!
    But it is still Trump's fault... right?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    But it is still Trump's fault... right?

He got the ball rolling, but as he's not running for office this time, I think they will end up denouncing and ridiculing ordinary Americans that don't agree with them. What force they bring against these people, if any, remains to be seen.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh

dc delenda est!
    Factio Democratica delenda est!

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    I hope so. Make sure you are registered. Research the candidates. Local elections matter as much as Federal ones these days.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I didn't vote for the 2 Todd's, Todd Young and Todd Huston, nor Diego Morales.

The rest are pretty much all R, except the local school board whom she's a solid conservative.

Top Bottom