• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The hubris of this out of control government agency is astounding. They fully believe that they can gather your emails and private online correspondence without going before a judge, showing just cause and asking for a warrant, despite what the courts have said. Guess it comes of having your own court system to do with as you please. Some people have long called for the abolition of the IRS, and they are correct. This is one of the agencies that needs to be shut down, have it's entire staff investigated for criminality and civil rights abuses and appropriate sentences handed down. It's bad enough that they facilitate the theft of billions of dollars from productive people, but this latest outrage is just too much.

IRS claims it can read your e-mail without a warrant | Politics and Law - CNET News

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Keeping the government fed is a big job. You can't be fooling around with that constitution thingy when it comes to keeping the .gov fed.

Sfrandolph

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Boone county
    The funny part is that after they go get someone based on the illegally obtained information, it will be kicked out of court and the "bad guy" will go free. Oh, that's right, just like all the illegal aliens that Obama let out of jail.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    007279_21.jpg

jtdet01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    The funny part is that after they go get someone based on the illegally obtained information, it will be kicked out of court and the "bad guy" will go free. Oh, that's right, just like all the illegal aliens that Obama let out of jail.

...there is no 'illegally obtained information'. There is no court.

IRS can change your tax return, demand payment and then apply your current tax refund to your previous debt.
    IRS: judge, jury, executioner, there is No Court ...
    Why? Because they already have your tax money from your paycheck. There is no need to go to court to get 'paid'!
    The IRS can simply 'correct' your return for a particular year, recalculate it, and send a bill demanding payment. With the 'corrected' payment order, they will send a strongly worded letter threatening wage garnishment but that's not the real power. IRS has authority to 'apply future tax refunds' toward this debt. They won't 'pay' you are refund when you 'owe' them from a previous year.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville

IRS can change your tax return, demand payment and then apply your current tax refund to your previous debt.
    Why? Because they already have your tax money from your paycheck. There is no need to go to court to get 'paid'!
    The IRS can simply 'correct' your return for a particular year, recalculate it, and send a bill demanding payment. With the 'corrected' payment order, they will send a strongly worded letter threatening wage garnishment but that's not the real power. IRS has authority to 'apply future tax refunds' toward this debt. They won't 'pay' you are refund when you 'owe' them from a previous year.

I will tell you straight up...Our Founding Fathers would have imprisoned any group that was so flagrantly in violation of our rights,(To say the least)!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

Only way around that is to never get a refund.

Think the IRS is big now. Wait till ObamaCare kicks in. The IRS is the agency policing compliance.

The IRS already has hired agents to help with the Affordable Health Act stuff they will need to monitor/track.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Only way around that is to never get a refund.
    You know what's really scary to me? The fact that a lot of people that get refunds think that it's 'free money' or that the IRS is 'giving them something'. In reality, it's money they over-paid into the system that's being refunded back to them. Personally, I'd prefer to pay less in throughout the year and save that money on my own but the average idiot doesn't do this... Give them $10k and it's gone in minutes.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You know what's really scary to me? The fact that a lot of people that get refunds think that it's 'free money' or that the IRS is 'giving them something'. In reality, it's money they over-paid into the system that's being refunded back to them. Personally, I'd prefer to pay less in throughout the year and save that money on my own but the average idiot doesn't do this... Give them $10k and it's gone in minutes.

that is thanks to generations (at least 2 that i know of) of 'training' that if u r middle class u what to get a refund each year at the end.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

In some cases it is absolutely "free money." I know people who, because of the Earned Income Credit, "get refunded" far more than they actually pay in.

This is no joke. They get back more than they paid in.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    In some cases it is absolutely "free money." I know people who, because of the Earned Income Credit, "get refunded" far more than they actually pay in.

I know several people like this. One guy earned 14,000, paid nothing in thru the year, he is subcontracted, is single with 2 kids and still got $2700 back. That means he made $16,700 cash and still gets credit for SS payments that he never made.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County

I understand, I'm more referring to those in the middle class that pay in more than they should and not those that get credits/hand-outs from the government for being below the median income.

The point I was making was that even when it's not really 'free money', the vast majority seem to think it is.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013

We know a man who got several thousand more back than he paid, and he draws government asisstance and food stamps. Talk about a messed up system.

Top Bottom